Windows 10: Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

Discus and support Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press the Windows key and search for something, only the files on the C: drive appear. However, all my files are stored on my HDD, which is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ryzen 7 Aspire 5, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

When I press the Windows key and search for something, only the files on the C: drive appear. However, all my files are stored on my HDD, which is the D:, and if want any I have to manually fetch them which is awfully inconvenient for they do not appear in the search results.I have already added the D: drive to the Indexing option, as you can see in the screenshot, and I just ran an index rebuild which increased the file number from 8k to 74k. Yet, the files on the my HDD are not showing.

:)

Ryzen 7 Aspire 5, Jan 30, 2023

2. 2nd Drive Files not Showing in Quick search

Hi all,

Background: I'm running Windows 10, anniversary update; with two physical drives, each also shown as a logical volume (C and D).

Issue: When searching from the Start menu, files on my C drive show up, however the ones on D do not.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• Verify that the 2nd Drive (D) has indexing enabled
    • Verify that the folders on the drive also have indexing enabled
    • Rebuild index
    • The files DO appear when searching the 2nd drive via Windows Explorer, but NOT through the start search
    Is this a known issue, and what steps can I take to resolve this?

Teknophile, Jan 30, 2023
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows explorer

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar and in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions from the USB show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled. I have tried removing and adding c and drive d drive from the indexing options. I also tried clearing the device search history but nothing
    seems to work.

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

1. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search - Similar Threads - Files drive don't

2. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search: When I press the Windows key and search for something, only the files on the C: drive appear. However, all my files are stored on my HDD, which is the D:, and if want any I have to manually fetch them which is awfully inconvenient for they do not appear in the search...
  3. D: drive not showing up

D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  4. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  5. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  6. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  7. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

8. After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

in Cortana
    After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search: Had a few issues with my pc as a whole but the last mess up meant that I needed to reinstall windows. The person who did it for me took out my D driveHDD which has most my apps etc, but not the os. He then took the data off my SSD C drive and on to an external drive, replaced...
  9. Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching files in folders don't show all occurrences: Hello, in my Windows 10 Pro searching files in folders don't show all occurrences as show in picture [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-files-in-folders-dont-show-all/659d36f8-1835-4101-9166-dd8e15364fb2"
  10. Start search doesn't show files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start search doesn't show files: Hello there, I'm having an issue that's more an annoying thing than really an issue. Nevertheless, I hope you can help me with it. When I want to search in Windows 10 by pressing start and just typing, no files like .docx's or .mp3's, or just any personal files, are...