Windows 10: Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

Discus and support Files on Desktop and Pictures gone! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I lost All my pictures downloaded from my iPhone that I have been keeping in the 'Picture' folder. ALL my setup on my desktop are gone. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GizmoMoHoo, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

I lost All my pictures downloaded from my iPhone that I have been keeping in the 'Picture' folder. ALL my setup on my desktop are gone. This happening after the update, NOT upgrade. I don't backup on Cloud thought my computer is safe enough to save all my pictures. I can't use 'Restore' from file history, or go back to the earlier build either. It used to be very easily to go back and do the restore, but not anymore.

When things are working fine, don't change them! If you update them correctly, its great but so far it's not. I don't understand why ALL setup on my desktop are gone. Now when starting the computer, I have just a blank desktop!!!!

:)

GizmoMoHoo, Oct 18, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Picture files gone missing

Hi,

One potential reason why your picture files went missing is due to a system file corruption. Let's analyze some details to address this accordingly. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you remember making any hardware or software changes on your device before this issue occurred?
    • Do you have other user accounts added on the PC? If yes, reproduce the issue by verifying if you encounter the same thing using another profile.
    • What procedures have you done so far to rectify the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest using the File History to locate and restore these pictures. This tool automatically backs up versions of your files that can aid in restoring your lost data. See this article: File
    History in Window
    s
    for the procedures. The steps on the link hold the same in Windows 10.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 18, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

1. Files on Desktop and Pictures gone! - Similar Threads - Files Desktop Pictures

2. Icons in Pictures are gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Pictures are gone?: Went to new paid version of MS a few days ago and now, all my folder icons are missing. This is what I see. Tried several things I found online to no avail. Desperately need my icons, not these white boxes!...
  3. Icons in Pictures are gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Pictures are gone?: Went to new paid version of MS a few days ago and now, all my folder icons are missing. This is what I see. Tried several things I found online to no avail. Desperately need my icons, not these white boxes!...
  4. Desktop files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files are gone: Ok, so I really need help with this one, massively. My computer updated to the newer version of Windows 10 without me asking. I noticed all my folders were gone from the desktop. I managed to find them in my desktop folder, which had my old desktop items but not my new ones,...
  5. Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone: Today, I logged into my windows account to be greeted with a default windows background instead of my background that I previously put there, also most of the apps I had installed were gone, as well as all pictures, and files were gone. I also couldn't open Microsoft store....
  6. Deleted files on the desktop gone?

Deleted files on the desktop gone?: Hi, I need your help. I did a file folder on the desktop a long time ago, which I accidentally deleted then, through the recycle bin which I also emptied. But I didn't know that I saved it on the desktop and not a folder on the hard disk. What can I do? Is very important...
  7. Desktop files gone with OneDrive

Desktop files gone with OneDrive: One day I was scrolling through YouTube and stumbled upon a Windows 10 opt. video and decided to follow the steps. The video showed a program that debloats Windows 10 and it had an option to remove OneDrive so I clicked on it, because I didn't know it was linked with any of...
  8. Pictures are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures are gone: Must of had an update yesterday or day before. My lay out is all wrong and my pictures have disappeared. Finally was able to remember my pass word to sign back in but still can not figure how to get my pictures back !! Are they gone for good! Hate up dates being forced on me!...
  9. Pictures gone

Pictures gone: Leave it to Microsoft to muck everything up for you. And why do they insist on forcing people to do or use this or that? It is always about money-not for the convenience of the customer. After buying a new computer, keep on being forced to use one drive. So where are my...
  10. Desktop file 'gone'

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop file 'gone': After the latest updates (2 days ago) I got the message that backing up & synchronizing in Edge is no longer possible because the map Desktop cannot be traced, and would I be so kind to "Search or Stop synchronizing." A Search only results in "Desktop - This map is empty"....