Windows 10: Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC

Discus and support Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs, non-connected, each with separated purposes. To my surprise, I found in the onedrive of my 2nd PC, files of my 1st PC, which I deleted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rolf56, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Rolf56 Win User

Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC

I have 2 PCs, non-connected, each with separated purposes.

To my surprise, I found in the onedrive of my 2nd PC, files of my 1st PC, which I deleted, as I don't want to use onedrive, I do everything on harddisk.

To my astonishment, a day later, I discovered on my first PC, that all files in documents have been deleted from hard disk.

Mind that on this PC is clearly checked that I don't sync. Furthermore, I don't have a home network and I never have attempted to establish a connection between both PCs.

On this PC, I clicked everything in the recycle bin and chose 'restore'. The files disappeared out of the recycle bin, but did not get back to their original place in Documents.

Can anyone tell what is going on here, and what I can do?

Thanks.

:)

Rolf56, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Rolf56 Win User

I have 2 PCs, non-connected, each with separated purposes.

To my surprise, I found in the onedrive of my 2nd PC, files of my 1st PC, which I deleted, as I don't want to use onedrive, I do everything on harddisk.

To my astonishment, a day later, I discovered on my first PC, that all files in documents have been deleted from hard disk.

Mind that on this PC is clearly checked that I don't sync. Furthermore, I don't have a home network and I never have attempted to establish a connection between both PCs.

On this PC, I clicked everything in the recycle bin and chose 'restore'. The files disappeared out of the recycle bin, but did not get back to their original place in Documents.

Can anyone tell what is going on here, and what I can do?

Thanks.

Rolf56, Jul 28, 2020
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

4. John Vil Win User

OneDrive Issues- This PC Documents disappeared but still remains on OneDrive

Hi,

If your files are still showing in OneDrive, you may still get them back in the This PC folder by configuring the settings of OneDrive. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the OneDrive (blue/whitecloud) icon located in your taskbar.
    • Click Settings.
    • On the Account tab, select Choose folders.
    • At this point, you will have the option to choose which file you would like to sync and appear in the This PC folder. Select which files you want and click
      OK.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Files on harddisk PC disappeared after deleting files on onedrive on other PC - Similar Threads - Files harddisk disappeared

2. Deleting files on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files on pc: I have signed my computer into OneDrive and it has put my files on the desktop. I would like to delete the files from my computer but not the OneDrive. How would I do this....
  3. Deleting files on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files on pc: I have signed my computer into OneDrive and it has put my files on the desktop. I would like to delete the files from my computer but not the OneDrive. How would I do this....
  4. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC: This week OneDrive is causing me a lot of problems. Here is what I wish to do.1- Delete all OneDrive Files in the cloud without deleting any of the original files on my PC. 2- Delete all files in the OneDrive Folder on my PC C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive without deleting any of the...
  5. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC: This week OneDrive is causing me a lot of problems. Here is what I wish to do.1- Delete all OneDrive Files in the cloud without deleting any of the original files on my PC. 2- Delete all files in the OneDrive Folder on my PC C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive without deleting any of the...
  6. How To Delete All OneDrive Files Without deleting Original Files on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive: All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw that all the files on desktop disappeared and there was one new file called "where are my files". When I click on it, it says...
  8. Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.: I accidentally deleted the onedrive folder on my pc. When onedrive syncs will the online files be deleted or will they be still in the cloud? 164791
  9. Automatic file deletion and disappearance of 'This PC' icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic file deletion and disappearance of 'This PC' icon on desktop: Hi everyone I recently updated to Windows 10 1909 from 1903 version and facing a problem post update. Moving a cursor over a file frequently pops up delete box n starts deleting my files/folders in both internal and external storage. Sometimes nothing happens and whenever...
  10. files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer: The files and folders that I create gets to my father’s computer in some way. He can see all my files and get them deleted. If he deletes the file, it disappears from my computer. I am fructrated and don’t know what I can do....