Windows 10: Files On Old SSD Missing

Discus and support Files On Old SSD Missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a new PC. I decided to pull the SSD that I had put in my laptop and see if I left anything behind that might be needed. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nilmandir, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Files On Old SSD Missing

I recently upgraded to a new PC. I decided to pull the SSD that I had put in my laptop and see if I left anything behind that might be needed. My entire SSD was backed up to OneDrive so I don't think I'm missing anything, but I want to double check.

I plug it into my PC via USB and start looking. It seems that most of my Documents folder is missing as well as some other bits. I have backups, but I'm curious as to what happened and see if I can find them.

The SSD was my C: drive in my laptop and wasn't encrypted. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.

submitted by /u/Nilmandir
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nilmandir, Jun 15, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Jun 15, 2020
  3. bobkat Win User
    missing dll files for an old programme

I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of curing this problem.

Thanks

bobkat, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Files On Old SSD Missing

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Files On Old SSD Missing

1. Files On Old SSD Missing - Similar Threads - Files Old SSD

2. Missing files on ssd after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing files on ssd after factory reset: I factory reset my desktop because I was having some trouble with my drives. When I performed the reset, I selected remove everything, but when I checked disk management, my SSD still shows 476 GB used. Any help as to why this might be occurring would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Missing files on ssd after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files on ssd after factory reset: I factory reset my desktop because I was having some trouble with my drives. When I performed the reset, I selected remove everything, but when I checked disk management, my SSD still shows 476 GB used. Any help as to why this might be occurring would be greatly appreciated....
  4. old ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old ssd: My Dell is dead got new Dell and saved old ssd. Got a ssd to usb cable and hooked it up and nothing happend . How do I get it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-ssd/86599fdd-8f6f-44cb-9ad4-42f077eec063
  5. old file is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old file is missing: I had a problem in my pc, "we can't sign into your account", I create an another account and I save all my files in that account, after restart the computer is back to its problem "we can't sign into your account" again, and my files is went missing. I cant find it. I decide...
  6. ssd file missing in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssd file missing in disk management: I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in...
  7. old programs and files missing after the update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old programs and files missing after the update:: Sirs: I updated from Microsoft 10 to Microsoft 10 edge: all my files that I had before the upgrade. e-mail settings various and freewill programs Programs to make business cards bunch more files and program that no longer in my hard drive that I can find: thanks for...
  8. missing dll files for an old programme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing dll files for an old programme: I have used an old Brodabund family Tree Maker programme in many Windows versions as they have evolved. I successefully started it running in Win 10 but now I cannot open it. I get a message that tells me that variouse .dll files are missing. Can anyone suggest a means of...
  9. Missing SSD

Missing SSD: Every so often Window 10 Pro 64 bit seems to lose one of my old SSDs. I used to be able to fix the problem by shutting down the computer and reconnecting the sata cables. I thought that the sata cable had somehow gotten loose. Now I just upgraded this system to 14393.3 from...
  10. Clear Old SSD Files?

Clear Old SSD Files?: so i upgrade to a 250ssd samsung from my old 120gb kingston, how to clear the old 120gb kingston files? i dont have another sata but i have a Orico Enclosure 85855