Windows 10: Files on shared folder became inaccessible

Discus and support Files on shared folder became inaccessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, Good day! I need a help in troubleshooting the issue where we are experiencing inaccessibility and unresponsiveness of files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmeerMane, Dec 31, 2020.

1. AmeerMane Win User

Files on shared folder became inaccessible

Hello All,

Good day!

I need a help in troubleshooting the issue where we are experiencing inaccessibility and unresponsiveness of files from shared folder. It was working fine till last day. Suddenly whenever we try to access the file e.g. excel it just takes forever. We rebooted the system but issue still persist. Network connection is also good. Two systems are in same subnet.

I can not provide logs for security reason. Pardon me for that. Please let me know how should we proceed what is causing issue? Any file lock which is causing to wait or something? I do not know how to find it out though

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Ameer Mane

:)

AmeerMane, Dec 31, 2020
  2. pcmacd Win User

inaccessible shared files

Thanks. That's the very first thing I did. No joy.

pcmacd, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    inaccessible shared files

Once you have taken ownership of the folder, the next step is to add your user account so you can grant yourself full control, as I have done here for my user account named 'Owner'.

Files on shared folder became inaccessible [​IMG]

4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Files on shared folder became inaccessible :)

Frogger, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Files on shared folder became inaccessible - Similar Threads - Files shared folder

2. Shared folder files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folder files: I believe this scenario has to do with Owner rights. Is there something I am not setting to avoid this.User 1 creates a PC OneDrive folder and shares read and edit it with User 2User 1 creates an Android file in the same shared OneDrive folder.User 2 deletes the file out of...
  3. ONE (of three) shares became inaccessible

ONE (of three) shares became inaccessible: Four in LAN, all are (and have been) at ver 2004. Three are shared, and have been accessible immediately upon demand (no prompts). They still are listed in Explorer. All firewalls still OFF for local. Windows now prompts for password upon attempt to access ONE shared...
  4. Renaming folders makes files inaccessible

Renaming folders makes files inaccessible: I can create and rename files and folders, but whenever I change a folder name, any files within that folder become inaccessible. I get an error message that implies the computer is still looking for the file within the previous name of the folder. For example, if I had...
  5. Folder/File sharing

Folder/File sharing: Can I share folders between computers, one running windows 10 home and the other running windows 10 pro editions. Also I have noticed that the network shows public instead of private....
  6. Shared Folder Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared Folder Inaccessible: My office LAN is on a Windows 7 PC. It's a small LAN, with just one main PC and five other PCs accessing the main shared folder. All my colleagues are able to access the shared folders. They have Windows 7. However, I am running Windows 10, and in the last fortnight, suddenly...
  7. inaccessible shared files

inaccessible shared files: Until recently my main computer, more or less a server, was running in W7 ULTIMATE/64 bit. It was happy, until it was not. I could access all of my files from this main machine and all of my satellites. Then, the computer was getting sluggish, so I rolled back to the...
  8. inaccessible shared files

in Windows 10 Support
    inaccessible shared files: Until recently my main computer, more or less a server, was running in W7 ULTIMATE/64 bit. It was happy, until it was not. I could access all of my files from this main machine and all of my satellites. Then, the computer was getting sluggish, so I rolled back to the...
  9. File and folder sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    File and folder sharing: I have a laptop running Widows 7, a Surface Pro and a PC running Widows 10 on a network. All can see each other. All can access each others' libraries through media devices. The PC can access files and folders on the Surface and the laptop, but neither laptop nor Pro can...
  10. Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted: Take for instance this image file. When trying to open it I get this: Code: "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."[/quote] Then I go to the Properties, Security tab, Advanced, Permissions: Code: "You must have Read...