Windows 10: Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop

Discus and support Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it correct to say when a file is deleted on a SSD hard disk, the space cannot be overwritten by another file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WinUser1, Jun 17, 2020.

1. WinUser1 Win User

Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop

Is it correct to say when a file is deleted on a SSD hard disk, the space cannot be overwritten by another file.

:)

WinUser1, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Perra Win User

Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop :)

Perra, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jun 17, 2020
  4. rs1946 Win User

Replacing windows 10 home hard disk with SSD

Hi! I have an HP Envy x360 m6-aq105dx convertible laptop that I bought from Best Buy. I'd like to replace the slow hard disk with an SSD, but I don't have the Windows 10 Product key to create an installable USB flash drive. It looks like there may be some
    non-trivial ways to recover a product ID from the BIOS, but I was wondering if it would be easier to create a Recovery disk on a USB flash drive and install from it after I replace the hard disk with the SSD. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

rs1946, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Files on SSD hard disk on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Files SSD hard

2. Laptop with hard disk noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with hard disk noise: I have a 4 year old Dell laptop. My hard disk never used to do much noise. Now my hard disk makes frequent noise. What could be the problem?I hope I my laptop will be alive until I can buy a new laptop...
  3. Laptop with hard disk noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with hard disk noise: I have a 4 year old Dell laptop. My hard disk never used to do much noise. Now my hard disk makes frequent noise. What could be the problem?I hope I my laptop will be alive until I can buy a new laptop...
  4. Change of hard disk on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of hard disk on laptop: i want to upgrade my hard drive by replacing current one, how can i transfer windows licenses to new hard drive in a same laptop, i bought laptop in2012 with windows 7, later i bought from local store an upgrade to windows 10 pro....
  5. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  6. My Surface Laptop 2 thinks my samsung mzflwltomlh SSD is a mechanical hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Surface Laptop 2 thinks my samsung mzflwltomlh SSD is a mechanical hard disk: My drive is slow and being treated as a mechanical disk. When I run the ms System Information check it shows the correct model number Samsung MZFLW1TOHMLH-000MU 953GB but lists it as a mechanical disk? Is there a way to update or fix the driver?...
  7. laptop ssd disk error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop ssd disk error: I am having a problem with my ssd, it keeps on disk checking every startup but it doesn't seem to fix the problem itself. I know this because every time the scanning and fixing phase is done I immediately go to cmd and run a disk check but it always outputs the ff: - The...
  8. Unknown file on hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown file on hard disk: I have a file on hard disk. The name of the file is frightfuldrinkpgroom.exe. What is this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-file-on-hard-disk/e97d8a3b-54f0-4343-9808-2a44f23a5a0f
  9. New pc with SSD and hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New pc with SSD and hard disk: How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-with-ssd-and-hard-disk/368f5882-86dd-4125-8b1d-920ec00241ae
  10. Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale: See Daily free giveaways of paid apps & software | SharewareOnSale Very handy program to check/monitor your disk state. 107707