Windows 10: Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Discus and support Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using win 10-64. I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YD Forums, Feb 6, 2019.

1. YD Forums Win User

Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Using win 10-64.

I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices

Whenever I delete a file from that "drive" it bypasses the recycle bin and gets permanently deleted.

When I check the recycle bin I see that the drive letter does not appear on the list of Recycle Bin Locations.

Is there a workaround for this?

:)

YD Forums, Feb 6, 2019

2. cannot open files on network shared drive

Is the remote shared folder mapped? Do you have a drive letter assigned to it?
    I'd suggest calling the software developer and asking them.

thebluebumblebee, Feb 6, 2019
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

1. Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter - Similar Threads - Files delete permanently

2. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permanently deleted files: How do I restore permanently deleted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-deleted-files/fe05149f-7bf6-4adc-8166-7220204885d8
  3. Not permanently deleting files

Not permanently deleting files: Whenever I delete a file on a networked drive, I am asked if I want to permanently delete the file. Is there anyway to delete a file on a networked drive and have it sent to the Recycle Bin (or some other user-defined or user-created file designated a "trash" file)?...
  4. Permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently deleted files: I saw the administrator 'Document' displayed in the Quick Access of a guest account and at first tried to move the file back but the PC kept stating that the route was the original source. So I picked an item from the list, deleted it and checked back in the system's account...
  5. Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive: I have a 'number' of USB/flash/stick/thumb drives, and a 'number' of External Hard Drives (EHD) connected via USB ports which I use with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. Is it possible to lock (not changeable) a particular drive letter with each specific drive? For example, I have...
  6. Deleting online-only files permanently from PC, Recovery?

Deleting online-only files permanently from PC, Recovery?: Hi, a long time ago I had synced my pictures and documents to my OneDrive account. A few hours ago I wanted to delete some files from the OneDrive of my PC and the message "Deleting only-only items permanently removes them from your PC without sending them to the Recycle...
  7. Deleting an online-only file permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an online-only file permanently: Hi Everyone, I accidentally clicked on the yes on the warning message: "Deleting an online-only file permanently removes it from your PC without sending it to the Recycle Bin. Are you sure you want to continue?" I would like to know how to recover my deleted file?...
  8. Changing icons for network mapped folders and shares with no drive letters.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing icons for network mapped folders and shares with no drive letters.: I am looking for how to change the icons for network mapped shared folders from a NAS or Server that don’t have or display drive letters. I am mapping to NAS and Server using Windows 10 Pro....
  9. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  10. Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives: Hi, I run a backup script to different USB drives at different times. The backup script always needs to see the same drive letter for the USB drive (whichever USB drive is being used). I know you can run compmgmt.msc, select Disk Management and then click 'Change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices access