Windows 10: Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Discus and support Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using win 10-64. I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YD Forums, Feb 6, 2019.

1. YD Forums Win User

Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Using win 10-64.

I have a local folder mapped to a drive letter. I established the mapping by creating a registry key for the drive letter in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices

Whenever I delete a file from that "drive" it bypasses the recycle bin and gets permanently deleted.

When I check the recycle bin I see that the drive letter does not appear on the list of Recycle Bin Locations.

Is there a workaround for this?

:)

YD Forums, Feb 6, 2019

2. cannot open files on network shared drive

Is the remote shared folder mapped? Do you have a drive letter assigned to it?
    I'd suggest calling the software developer and asking them.

thebluebumblebee, Feb 6, 2019
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter

1. Files only delete permanently from folder mapped to drive letter - Similar Threads - Files delete permanently

2. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  3. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  4. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer: Unable to remove a network location, mapped to a drive letter, from File Explorer. Right click Disconnect gives Error "This network connection does not exist". Right click Properties shows "Disconnected Network Drive"....
  5. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer: Unable to remove a network location, mapped to a drive letter, from File Explorer. Right click Disconnect gives Error "This network connection does not exist". Right click Properties shows "Disconnected Network Drive"....
  6. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters: This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. == I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an issue where they were swapping Mapped Network Drive Letters. I needed them to stay what they were all the time, it wasn't...
  8. Names of permanently deleted files and folders.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Names of permanently deleted files and folders.: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...
  9. Deleting an online-only file permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an online-only file permanently: Hi Everyone, I accidentally clicked on the yes on the warning message: "Deleting an online-only file permanently removes it from your PC without sending it to the Recycle Bin. Are you sure you want to continue?" I would like to know how to recover my deleted file?...
  10. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices access