Windows 10: files opening with vlc and not photos app

Discus and support files opening with vlc and not photos app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; subject says it all, i can't right click and open with photos as it aint there... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by stefand01stefanski, Aug 10, 2021.

1. files opening with vlc and not photos app

subject says it all, i can't right click and open with photos as it aint there

:)

stefand01stefanski, Aug 10, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 10, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

files opening with vlc and not photos app

Open with another app 'photos'

I've just checked my own and for comparison this is what appears when selecting open with for a .jpg photo file:

files opening with vlc and not photos app [​IMG]

If I select an image file which doesn't have associations set such as a GIMP .xcf file I see an open with... and clicking this gets to the alternative windows apps selection box:

I wonder if this gives you a clue to what your missing app should be?

philc43, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

files opening with vlc and not photos app

1. files opening with vlc and not photos app - Similar Threads - files opening vlc

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. VLC is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC is not opening: My VLC is not opening. I tried to restart the computer, and install the latest version. But still not opening. I can see VLC is open in the task bar, but not showing the media window. Hope someone can help me out, thanks!...
  5. Photo app won't open JPEG files

Photo app won't open JPEG files: I am trying to open JPEG files in the photo app and I get an error message that this file format is not supported. How do I fix that? Same thing happens with photoviewer or photo gallery...
  6. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  7. Photos App issue with opening files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App issue with opening files: I can't open files when I click on them, both photos and videos. The error code is 2147163901 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-issue-with-opening-files/1dd4afce-733c-45d6-9836-a5cde96e71bf
  8. My .bin file opens with VLC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My .bin file opens with VLC: I downloaded a file earlier that is in the .bin format but when I open it it opens with VLC? Is that normal or can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-opens-with-vlc/1881a9e5-11c1-44fa-b0ab-fada18ee5aab
  9. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer softwares are opening in vlc