Windows 10: Files or shortcut delete when dragged

Discus and support Files or shortcut delete when dragged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I drag a file, folder or application saved in desktop or library, it is automatically sent to the recycle bin, I would like to ask if this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tobunakinola, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Files or shortcut delete when dragged

Whenever I drag a file, folder or application saved in desktop or library, it is automatically sent to the recycle bin, I would like to ask if this a system-specific error or just a general changeable windows 10 error.

:)

tobunakinola, Oct 31, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Trying to drag a shortcut to a batch file onto my start menu

Thanks but unfortunately that still doesn't help. As you can see in this new screenshot, Windows doesn't allow me to drag from the recently added items list to the tiled area. It seems like it only allows shortcuts to .exe files but I want to put a shortcut to a batch file here.

Files or shortcut delete when dragged [​IMG]

THX1138, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Files or shortcut delete when dragged

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Files or shortcut delete when dragged

1. Files or shortcut delete when dragged - Similar Threads - Files shortcut delete

2. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  3. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted: So I was saying If a shortcut of a .vbs file's original file get deleted what happens?, Does It give an Error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-with-shortcut-when-original-file-is/010be21d-dd86-44be-ab50-cb1852a3000f
  4. What happens with shortcut when original file is deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?: When I drag folders from Windows Desktop to a desktop folder they become shortcuts. How do I prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-drag-files-from-desktop-to-a-desktop/cac0a933-4eab-4ca5-8a7f-5d1bb1c392cf
  6. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?: When I drag folders from Windows Desktop to a desktop folder they become shortcuts. How do I prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-drag-files-from-desktop-to-a-desktop/cac0a933-4eab-4ca5-8a7f-5d1bb1c392cf
  7. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut: Hello! Sadly google cant help me with this one so I thought why not open a post? But lets get to my question. I got a folder with shortcuts to differnt pictures which are in different folders. Is there a way to easy move the original data by drag and dropping the shortcut?...
  9. Deleting an internet shortcut file

Deleting an internet shortcut file: I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete i tried selecting it and using the delete button in the header, and right-clicking to select delete from the drop down menu....
  10. When dragging items to a folder, it just creates a shortcut.

When dragging items to a folder, it just creates a shortcut.: I am not sure if this is really intended or not. But its probably not since I know the basics of a Graphical User Interface. I would just like to ask a question, whenever I drag items (specifically an executable) to a folder, it just creates a shortcut. The executable...