Windows 10: files "pick an app" restoration

Discus and support files "pick an app" restoration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally did not uncheck the "always open with" box and now, my file icons are now notepads. I wanted it to be blank icon though. Is there anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Acemere, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Acemere Win User

files "pick an app" restoration

I accidentally did not uncheck the "always open with" box and now, my file icons are now notepads. I wanted it to be blank icon though. Is there anyway I can restore it?

:)

Acemere, Jan 6, 2019
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 6, 2019
  4. files "pick an app" restoration

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

files "pick an app" restoration

1. files "pick an app" restoration - Similar Threads - files pick app

2. Pick an App got Hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pick an App got Hang: Hello, I'm using OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631, when i try to select default app for picture or any app when the pick an app opens it got hang and then i have to open task manager and End the Pick an App process. I can't take screenshot because my...
  3. Pick an App got Hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pick an App got Hang: Hello, I'm using OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631, when i try to select default app for picture or any app when the pick an app opens it got hang and then i have to open task manager and End the Pick an App process. I can't take screenshot because my...
  4. Any File -> "Open with..." -> "More apps" not allowing me to pick other apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any File -> "Open with..." -> "More apps" not allowing me to pick other apps: I recently re-installed Windows. It was not a clean re-install, but rather with personal info saved, which may have caused me some issues due to my file system being somewhat fragmented between different hard drives. I don't have the space on my SSD boot drive to keep my...
  5. Any File -> "Open with..." -> "More apps" not allowing me to pick other apps

Any File -> "Open with..." -> "More apps" not allowing me to pick other apps: I recently re-installed Windows. It was not a clean re-install, but rather with personal info saved, which may have caused me some issues due to my file system being somewhat fragmented between different hard drives. I don't have the space on my SSD boot drive to keep my...
  6. Photo app not picking image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app not picking image: All of the image in my photo app shows black. When I take a picture for example in my camera it shows black in photo app even when I try to upload some photos using my phone or other device it is still black. I checked on settings maybe I need to configure something but there...
  7. Photo app not picking image

Photo app not picking image: All of the image in my photo app shows black. When I take a picture for example in my camera it shows black in photo app even when I try to upload some photos using my phone or other device it is still black. I checked on settings maybe I need to configure something but there...
  8. Pick an app

Pick an app: At random points of time a message saying "you need a new app to open this ms-wpc "will appear,on task manager everytime that message pops up something called "pick an app" will appear and then disappear.when go its file location its on system 32,which I know not to deleteI...
  9. Pick an app

Pick an app: whenever I need to choose a different app to open a file (in file properties) The app picker doesn't open. one day I went into the task manager and there were several instances of "Pick an app", but in background apps. how can I stop pick an app from opening in the...
  10. Pick an app in task manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pick an app in task manager?: Hi I saw four of these running in my task manager. What does it mean? 111519