Windows 10: files & pictures missing after update

Discus and support files & pictures missing after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All my documents & pictures are missing after update was applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertGerecke, Aug 29, 2019.

1. files & pictures missing after update

All my documents & pictures are missing after update was applied

:)

RobertGerecke, Aug 29, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Picture files gone missing

Hi,

One potential reason why your picture files went missing is due to a system file corruption. Let's analyze some details to address this accordingly. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you remember making any hardware or software changes on your device before this issue occurred?
    • Do you have other user accounts added on the PC? If yes, reproduce the issue by verifying if you encounter the same thing using another profile.
    • What procedures have you done so far to rectify the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest using the File History to locate and restore these pictures. This tool automatically backs up versions of your files that can aid in restoring your lost data. See this article: File
    History in Window
    s
    for the procedures. The steps on the link hold the same in Windows 10.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 29, 2019
  4. files & pictures missing after update

Graphics or Pictures missing

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

For Internet Explorer

• Click on Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Choose Advanced.
    • In the Multimedia section of the list, make sure that the option Show Pictures
      is checked.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

files & pictures missing after update

1. files & pictures missing after update - Similar Threads - files pictures missing

2. all files missing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all files missing after update: Went to shut the laptop down last night 1st July 2020 and message said windows update. It took nearly 3 hours to complete the update and when we opened up the laptop this morning EVERYTHING was wiped, no windows 365, no browsers, no excel, no word, no pictures. Checked in...
  3. Missing files after windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files after windows update.: Hi. Im having difficulties with a problem and I am hoping someone can help me. I've looked all over the internet but nothing I read about helps with my problem. My problem is that I just updated Windows with the latest update and my pc is fine. I then plugged in my external...
  4. missing files and pictures

missing files and pictures: A week ago, my computer gave the good old "restart to install updates", so I did. Well it was windows !0 unfortunately. I say that because it only downloaded 1/2 the install. When I looked in the computer after, I realized that none of our documents, pictures. saved web sites...
  5. Missing files after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files after latest update: I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything) I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important...
  6. Library Files Missing after update

Library Files Missing after update: Hi. Im Dr safeer kapdi I updated my laptop yesterday. Since then my Library dataMusic videos downloads documents is all missing. I always change the directory of all my library folders from C: Users to D: Library when i install a new pc. So now in D drive i can only see...
  7. files/folders missing after update

files/folders missing after update: WHERE ARE MY FOLDERS AND FILES AFTER AN AUTOMATIC UPDATE THIS WEEK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filesfolders-missing-after-update/d17ee6fe-c588-47e5-b518-3373d5ad5405"
  8. Missing file after update

Missing file after update: After upgrading my windows with a new update of windows 1903, I am getting a message saying : There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This message appears whenever my windows starts. What should I do ?...
  9. missing instagram pictures after reactivating it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing instagram pictures after reactivating it: Hi, my recent post is missing right after i reactivating my instagram account. I even request to download my data and the picture is not even in the file. i have not violated any rules and has contacted instagram but no help was gained. What should i do??...
  10. Missing files after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after 1803 update: Hello! My pc has updated to 1803, I used to use Homegroup to stream my videos etc to my Sharp tv. I have gone through the new networking procedures, now when I try to access the videos from my tv, I see the directories, but not the files. Does anyone know how the files etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moved folders after windows update before verifying account