Windows 10: Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

Discus and support Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by colezx5014, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I move them back, they're fine for a while then it goes back to desktop. Its always the exact same files too. Any way to fix it?

:)

colezx5014, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

1. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop - Similar Threads - Files randomly move

2. Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop: Good day,I sometimes have the problem that my Windows desktop folders user folder, this computer and the recycle bin get rearranged once I download some files to the desktop or I save a file on it...I do not want this behavior. I want the symbols to always remain in that...
  3. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  4. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  5. My Downloads file is moving Downloaded files to random folders, which then makes it hard to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Downloads file is moving Downloaded files to random folders, which then makes it hard to...: Any ways to stop Windows 10 to stop moving my files? submitted by /u/TheMonsterXzero54 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ygem39/my_downloads_file_is_moving_downloaded_files_to/
  6. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  7. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  8. Random file moving.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random file moving.: What action in windows 10 could flood the desktop with files from many file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-file-moving/d5fcf713-3763-4dbc-98e9-dd8a0c0bafda
  9. Desktop files not moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files not moving: Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on youtube possible.Nothing works.I am afraid that there is a virus.Please help....
  10. Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop: I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer it to my desktop. I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves) and downloaded it onto my laptop. But sadly, unlike Steam games,...