Windows 10: Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch

Discus and support Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 11 laptop from Thinkpad.I had 2 documents from the notes app on my desktop, OneDrive then synchs and those 2 documents are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lillian2020, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch

Hello, I am using Windows 11 laptop from Thinkpad.I had 2 documents from the notes app on my desktop, OneDrive then synchs and those 2 documents are not there anymore. I checked my trashcan and OneDrive trashcan and personal vault. After OneDrive synched my files were removed. How can i recover them?

:)

Lillian2020, Nov 7, 2022
  2. eliuri Win User

OneDrive Sync altered many desktop files

ok...I got that part now about files needing to be in the local OneDrive folder in order to synch automatically..Though it seems i cant upload any files from my pc to my online OneDrive. Even those in the OneDrive local folders

There still remains the issue of those Protected Folders-Desktop and Documents-not synching as they should--as suggested by that screenshot-whereby I cannot stop and start the synching process. The Desktop and Documents rectangles remain not selected--regardless of what I do

eliuri, Nov 7, 2022
  3. RaydenW Win User
    OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

Thank you for your reply. However, I do want these files to be synched to the cloud with OneDrive. The problem that I am having is that they synch over and over again.

I did try Pedro's usggestion, which seemed to work, but the problem still persists.

For example, I have synched 5 video files overnight. This worked, in that I can open and run the files from another user, who shares my OneDrive folder.

However, the notification panel that I see bottom picture below ("Synching 6 files" - I can't get the pictures in the correct order for some reason). So OneDrive has synched the files and then stopped without actually completing in someway.

If I then stop OneDrive and restart it, or restart the computer, OneDrive starts synching those files again. This can then repeat itself when they complete synching.

I tried Pedro's suggestion, but the files he suggested I delete were not there.

When I restart, synch starts again ans show in the top pictire (Synching 7 files)

Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch [​IMG]

RaydenW, Nov 7, 2022
  4. Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch

Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

Hi There,
    I have 17 large outlook 2016 files ranging from 1GB to 10 GB. I initially put them into my OneDrive folder and identified them for synching. Bad mistake because it takes days to upload files of this size and every time that I start Outlook, the Synch for all files restart from zero because the files all open when Outlook starts.
    So, I thought I would remove them from the Synch and got the attached error.

Basically it seems to being saying that I can't remove them from the Synch until they have fully uploaded which isn't possible as it would take a week for that to happen.
    Help please?
    Thanks
    Paul

stevenson53, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch

1. Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch - Similar Threads - Files removed desktop

2. Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files removed from desktop after OneDrive synch: Hello, I am using Windows 11 laptop from Thinkpad.I had 2 documents from the notes app on my desktop, OneDrive then synchs and those 2 documents are not there anymore. I checked my trashcan and OneDrive trashcan and personal vault. After OneDrive synched my files were...
  3. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  4. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  5. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  7. OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders

OneDrive - Removing & Not Synching User Folders: How do I get OneDrive to stop synching user folders and remove those folders from OneDrive?I only want on OneDrive the files I put there. I do not want OneDrive to synch with the user folders on my computer....
  8. Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop OneDrive from Synching Desktops: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is. I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one (for example delete icons), it affects the others. I need them to be different. I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc....
  9. Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices

Stop OneDrive Files and Folders FROM Synching to Desktop and Other Devices: Hello, Just as the subject says, I need to stop OneDrive from synching to my PC and other devices. The reason I keep and use OneDrive for files/folders as cloud storage is because I TRUST Microsoft ad OneDrive to keep my files safe! I don't trust my PC, Phone or Tablets....
  10. OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files: Hello: Microsot One Drive synched. As usual, it also synched many files I have on my desktop. While it was synching, I noticed many files on my desktop flickering and when that was done, they had green checks next to them. When the synching was done with, I noticed the...