Windows 10: files saved in microsoft apps not appearing in windows explorer

Discus and support files saved in microsoft apps not appearing in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I save files, e.g. Excel, I cannot see the files in Windows Explorer. Tried reinstalling Office 365, restarting computer. Neither has worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinRaum, Jun 19, 2019.

1. KevinRaum Win User

files saved in microsoft apps not appearing in windows explorer

When I save files, e.g. Excel, I cannot see the files in Windows Explorer. Tried reinstalling Office 365, restarting computer. Neither has worked.

:)

KevinRaum, Jun 19, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

files saved in microsoft apps not appearing in windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. files saved in microsoft apps not appearing in windows explorer - Similar Threads - files saved microsoft

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  6. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  7. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Explorer - Saved searches - problem accessing files: Hi, I have an issue in Microsoft Explorer. In Quick Access I save frequently used search queries under "saved searches". The saved searches works without problem e.g. it displays a series of pdf-files in a series of folders ranked by of creation, but when I click on each...
  9. iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone 11 not appearing in file explorer or Photos app: I've been trying everything I can find online for a few hours now - totally frustrated. I have a new laptop with Windows 10 less than 6 weeks old and wanted to download the photos off the phone onto the laptop. Initially I could "see" the phone in File Explorer but I...
  10. Windows File Explorer Saved Searches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer Saved Searches: I do a "Save Search" in the Windows File Explorer. For example, "comments:2017" displays all of my files with 2017 in the Comments metadata field I've added prior. I have my current default view layout as "Details" when all the 2017 files are displayed. But when I do a Save...