Windows 10: Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

Discus and support Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by unknown_014, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly so that they link to the respective cases I work in healthcare. This only recently became an issue. No changes were made, the files just began saving to a subfolder. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

unknown_014, Mar 13, 2023

2. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly so that they link to the respective cases ( I work in healthcare). This only recently became an issue. No changes were made, the files just began saving to a subfolder. Any ideas would be appreciated.

unknown_014, Mar 13, 2023
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Hi Brendo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which account was used to sign in to Office, when the user attempted to save files to the mapped drive?

This could be due to the incorrect user information used. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Open Word 2016, and navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign out of all the accounts under User Information.
    • Restart Office, navigate to
      File > Account
    • Sign In to use the work email for user information.
    • Now, try saving the Office documents to the mapped drive.

If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Server, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Servers to assist you with this.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 13, 2023
  4. EmilyS726 Win User

Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

Hello, this is Emily.

Is this network drive hosted by your work? If so, it is possible that the network drive path has been updated on the remote location your work IT. That would be a case you need to reach out to your work IT to verify.

If you go to File Explorer > This PC, can you see the network drive listed? If so, if you click on that ot access it, does it take you to that sub folder right away too?

EmilyS726, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

1. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive - Similar Threads - Files Saving Subfolder

2. Files saved on offline network drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files saved on offline network drive missing: We have a user who saved his files to a network drive which was offline by enabling offline filesHowever, the server address for the drive changed and once a batch file was run, the drive is back online but all his offline files are missingHow can the offline files be...
  3. Files saved on offline network drive missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files saved on offline network drive missing: We have a user who saved his files to a network drive which was offline by enabling offline filesHowever, the server address for the drive changed and once a batch file was run, the drive is back online but all his offline files are missingHow can the offline files be...
  4. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  5. Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Saving to Subfolder When Saving to Network Drive: Hi, I am having trouble when saving files to network drive. The files are set to save to the network drive directly, but instead are going to a subfolder in that network drive. Anyone have any idea why this is? It is imperative that the be saved to the network drive directly...
  6. Cannot save files using "save as" to network drive - WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files using "save as" to network drive - WINDOWS 11: Hi all,Ever since updating to Windows 11, I have not been able to save files using the "save as" option within any of the applications that I have been usingWord, Adobe, Nitro, etc.. Every time that I attempt to save a file to our work network drive using "save as", let's say...
  7. Cannot save files using "save as" to network drive - WINDOWS 11

Cannot save files using "save as" to network drive - WINDOWS 11: Hi all,Ever since updating to Windows 11, I have not been able to save files using the "save as" option within any of the applications that I have been usingWord, Adobe, Nitro, etc.. Every time that I attempt to save a file to our work network drive using "save as", let's say...
  8. Emails saved to subfolders are missing?

Emails saved to subfolders are missing?: I have been using the "mail" app with windows 10 and saving emails to subfolders. Now that I need them they are not there? I get a link to "check online" but nothing shows up!? Please Advise. ** Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Managing email folders **...
  9. Saving excel files on network drive issue

Saving excel files on network drive issue: After upgrading win7 to win10 , we are unable to save the excel files on the network drive, although we can save locally or save as on the network drive without any issue. we are using office 2010 Thanks in advance Ayman...
  10. Cannot save files to network drives anymore

Cannot save files to network drives anymore: A user I have got upgraded to the surface 6 and office changed to 2016 home and business version. Though now when they attempt to save a document to their mapped drives it pops up with the another user may have previously edited this file overwrite changes or save a copy and...