Windows 10: Files say i need administrater to copy

Discus and support Files say i need administrater to copy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a bunch of photos on my laptop but when i try to coppy them to an external drive it says i need administrater but doesnt work when i aprove it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quake55551, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Files say i need administrater to copy

I have a bunch of photos on my laptop but when i try to coppy them to an external drive it says i need administrater but doesnt work when i aprove it. In properties the files are given full permissions but under users it only has read&execute and read. I can overright this issue by manually cahnging the perms but i have hundreds of photos to copy over.

Is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Quake55551
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quake55551, Aug 23, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 23, 2020
  4. D#.&J07 Win User

Files say i need administrater to copy

Administrater Password

No, neither recommendation helped. My problem is that my "Administrater Password" is not reconized. I can get into my "Microsoft Account" with my "Pin" or My "Password" and into my "Local" Account with my "Password." However, when I want to make any change
    that requires an "Administrater Password" it will not accept what I think is my correct Administrater Password. Mybe I goofed during the Installation process of "Account" setups including Adminstrater Password setup. Again, I can do everything I need tyo
    do, but I do need Administrative access. None of your recommended actions help to establish administrative access for me.

D#.&J07, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Files say i need administrater to copy

1. Files say i need administrater to copy - Similar Threads - Files need administrater

2. disable administrater on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable administrater on my computer: how do i disable the administrator on my computer since im locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-administrater-on-my-computer/69947e67-db24-4cc9-a457-7f64180585d1
  3. disable administrater on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable administrater on my computer: how do i disable the administrator on my computer since im locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-administrater-on-my-computer/69947e67-db24-4cc9-a457-7f64180585d1
  4. How do I remove an old administrater password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an old administrater password?: I have a Thinkpad X1 for college work. The local authority provided it through the college. The college set up an administrator password. I have left and moved on to another college but can not download any useful apps for my artwork as I do not have the admin password. Is...
  5. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  6. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  7. I need a Physical Copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need a Physical Copy: As we know we have a horrible problem with COVID19, and most of stores are closed. Well, my pc get broke and I need to format it. so I need to have a physical copy of my previous bought cd....
  8. administrater account

administrater account: How do I set up an administrator account. The "manage account" button does not respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrater-account/593e0776-86b2-4e6b-b431-70d73d041299
  9. administrater account

administrater account: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost accesst o my administrater account. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrater-account/199b9711-2d28-4fad-95f4-84056330af73
  10. Permision needed to copy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permision needed to copy files: My PC has 2 HDD: one for OS and one for storage. When I try to play music from the storage HDD, I get message about permission needed from SysAdmin (0x80070005). If I try to copy the music to other HDD, again Win10 denies permission. Only problem with the music files....