Windows 10: files security/erasure

Discus and support files security/erasure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; would a 7 pass shred over files then factory reset prevent anything being recovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rick0p, Jan 18, 2021.

1. rick0p Win User

files security/erasure

would a 7 pass shred over files then factory reset prevent anything being recovered

:)

rick0p, Jan 18, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 18, 2021
  3. mjean1 Win User
    There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jan 18, 2021
  4. files security/erasure

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

files security/erasure

1. files security/erasure - Similar Threads - files security erasure

2. File Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Security: How can I change the security permissions of my files Program Files, Program Filesx86, and Windows but the boxes are gray, how can I fix that? I'm using a Seagate backup drive to try and back up my PC but it's showing an error saying "Backup failed, Can't access some folders....
  3. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk erasure: I want to pass on a couple of older computers and would like to 'sanitize' or erase the drives beforehand. The drives are partitioned into two sections, the C: section with my personal files and a D: section with recovery info. Erasing C: is straightforward but is it...
  4. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk erasure: I want to pass on a couple of older computers and would like to 'sanitize' or erase the drives beforehand. The drives are partitioned into two sections, the C: section with my personal files and a D: section with recovery info. Erasing C: is straightforward but is it...
  5. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Data erasure vs Data drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data erasure vs Data drives: just wondering if the "data erasure" and the other faster option have any performance difference when wiping a pc or if data erasure just makes it harder to get your old data after you sell your pc/drive submitted by /u/Krazbuto [link] [comments]...
  7. Can A Virus Survive Data Erasure on Windows 10?

Can A Virus Survive Data Erasure on Windows 10?: ??? submitted by /u/Totogogo505 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imi9j1/can_a_virus_survive_data_erasure_on_windows_10/
  8. Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords: For at least a month now I am getting repeated loss of my cookies and passwords. It only happens on my Win 10 desktop PC. I had a MS support session. The latest Win 10 version was installed it took about 12 hours!. I changed virus protection to Malwarebytes and did a scan,...
  9. Repeat erasure of cookies and passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeat erasure of cookies and passwords: For at least a month now I am getting repeated loss of my cookies and passwords. It only happens on my Win 10 desktop PC. I had a MS support session. The latest Win 10 version was installed it took about 12 hours!. I changed virus protection to Malwarebytes and did a scan,...
  10. Should I use Data Erasure?

Should I use Data Erasure?: Hello! I'll keep this quick. I'm looking to completely reset my windows 10 in order to clear off all these drivers I don't need (I'm using a custom built PC). I've only had this PC operational for 2 days, so I don't care about saving files or any of that nonsense, I really...