Windows 10: Files selection

Discus and support Files selection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something changed with Windows and is really bugging me. I usually have my folders under list view - when selecting files, the area of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahweigor, Jun 20, 2020.

1. ahweigor Win User

Files selection

Something changed with Windows and is really bugging me.

I usually have my folders under list view - when selecting files, the area of the highlighted files are much wider than previously see picture below. Does anyone know how to get the old file selection back??

Thank you

Files selection 0d3e2f24-5b07-43f9-a3b9-17a9e06a06da?upload=true.png

:)

ahweigor, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

File selection lost continuously

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

• Are you trying to access detail pane under view tab or right click on the file and select properties and details?

• What are the steps you have followed to open the details view?
    I would suggest you open the folder which contains PDF files and click on view and check details pane and check if you are able to get the details view.

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Files selection

Links are require I select application to ope

Hello,

We understand you are concern, we'll certainly assist you with this.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select
      Control Panel.
    • Select Default Programs, Select
      Associate a file type or a protocol with a program.
    • Associate the protocol (File extension) respective to your need of browser or a program and check.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Files selection

1. Files selection - Similar Threads - Files selection

2. What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?: What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC? Does it only delete every files and everything to look like new device, or is there something wrong with doing it?...
  3. What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?: What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC? Does it only delete every files and everything to look like new device, or is there something wrong with doing it?...
  4. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  5. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  6. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  7. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  8. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  9. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  10. Automatic selection of previous files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic selection of previous files: If I select a anything,pc itself selecting the previous files also and opening it with a new tab.And shift ,control ,tab and windows button is not giving any response.but keyboard is fine...and can't refresh in desktop....