Windows 10: Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

Discus and support Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmandaRead3, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph showed the memory use being fairly high. Last week, my computer suddenly crashed BSOD. I didn't see what the stop code was.Ever since then, no matter what I do, no new files or changes are retained after restart.For example, I scanned a picture and saved it to my desktop. I was able to open the photo, edit it, resave it, and reopen it with no problems, but when I restarted, the file was gone. I saved the file on a backup drive and of course, it

:)

AmandaRead3, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Computer restarting itself no bsod or windows debug files made

you have to disable auto restart in windows to allow the BSOD to show up

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Binge Win User

Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

1. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD - Similar Threads - Files settings are

2. Retain Sound Settings after Windows Upsates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retain Sound Settings after Windows Upsates: I install a lot of video conference systems that make use of either dedicated PCs or configured MTRs. I usually connect audio in and out through a USB connection. To prevent user error, I will then go into the Sound Control Panel and disable all other audio options in both...
  3. Retain Sound Settings after Windows Upsates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retain Sound Settings after Windows Upsates: I install a lot of video conference systems that make use of either dedicated PCs or configured MTRs. I usually connect audio in and out through a USB connection. To prevent user error, I will then go into the Sound Control Panel and disable all other audio options in both...
  4. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD: A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph showed the memory use being fairly high. Last week, my computer suddenly crashed BSOD. I didn't see what the stop code...
  5. Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD

Files & settings are not retained after restarts - Windows 10 & BSOD: A couple of weeks ago, I added two new sticks of RAM because my computer had been freezing for a few seconds intermittently and the performance graph showed the memory use being fairly high. Last week, my computer suddenly crashed BSOD. I didn't see what the stop code...
  6. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  7. Windows 11 not retaining settings

Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  8. Windows 10 cannot retain default browser after a restart

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 cannot retain default browser after a restart: We are on a domain with Win10 1809 v.10.0.17763.720. The original WIM file has Chrome set as the default browser. But every time a system restarts, it reverts back to IE11. I have checked the DefaultAppAssociation.xml and DefaultFileAssociation.xml and confirmed that Chrome...
  9. Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Will Not Retain WPV Settings for JPG, PNG Files: First let me start by saying - If you are going to tell me how to "Set Default Programs by File Type" STOP! That is not the problem, and I know how to set default programs. I have been doing it for 6 months. My work pc - Windows 10 will not save the Windows Photo Viewer...
  10. Numlock retains settings on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Numlock retains settings on restart: Hi, I tried searching and didn't find anything about this, but it's highly likely that this has already been brought up. What gives with the numlock setting resetting every time you restart with Win10? This never occurred with any other version of Windows (at least not to my...