Windows 10: Files skipped in Backup using File History

Discus and support Files skipped in Backup using File History in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Files skipped in Backup using File History

When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and all files are skipped or Some files are added and some are skipped. I have made sure the following

1. PC does not go to sleep during back up.

2. Files are 'Not Hidden' / Not 'Read only'

3. I have fill Administrative Rights on these files. I am logging in as Administrator & Owner

4. These Files are not corrupt

I have no way to find which file is added & which skipped other than to conduct a file by file comparison. There are no error messages.

Repeated running of file history backup is also of no use

Question 1. What is the reason, why these files are skipped? What should I do to ensure that these files not skipped.

Question 2. Can I add these missing files manually after file by file comparison?

***Original; title: Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?***

:)

Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Mar 3, 2019

2. File History backups

Hi William,

To help you with your File History backups issue, we suggest running the
    System File Checker
    with the steps found on this
    thread

Update us on the results.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2019
  3. File History does not backup automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

• Press Windows key+I.

• Click on Update and security.

• On the left pane, click on backup and select on under automatically back up my files.

• Click on more option under on button.

• Select every hour (default) under back up my files.

• Select forever (default) under keep my files.

Also refer the link below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

Also work in Windows 10

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Files skipped in Backup using File History

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Files skipped in Backup using File History

1. Files skipped in Backup using File History - Similar Threads - Files skipped Backup

2. Use File History for backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use File History for backup: Hello everyone, I had some problems with my windows 10 computer. The manufacturer support asked me to reset my computer and to reinstall windows on it. That is what I did but before deleting every bit of data I had on my computer, I did a backup to restore my files after...
  3. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: For the first time in a long time, I cannot backup my files. I have Windows 10. I am using Backup using File History. In the Overview, it states 0 bytes on my external hard drive even though this is not true. Total space is 1.81 TB. I have tried "stop using the drive" and...
  4. Backup Using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup Using File History: I wanted to clean up my backup hdd and I deleted the folder File History. Now, if I say Backup Now in Backup Using File History, it says last backup …, it goes for 1 second and returns to cancel. How can I get Backup Using File History to work again without reinstalling...
  5. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  6. Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?

Backup Using File History in Windows 10 Files Skipped. Why?: When I back up My Folders and Files using File History Option I find that of the Folders added for backup purpose many sub folders and files are skipped. After the backup is over, I checked up my external back up drive. I find that in many cases blank folders are added and...
  7. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...
  8. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  9. Backup using File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History: Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Backup skipped backing up F:\my folders\New pictures\Pictures\Camera Roll as it is on the backup target

2. back up skipped as it is on the backup target

3. back-up files skipped