Windows 10: files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender

Discus and support files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think it is Windows Defender that removes files from my computer on its own without any notification. I ‘ve been having this problem for a while and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shea Knight, Feb 25, 2019.

1. files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender

I think it is Windows Defender that removes files from my computer on its own without any notification. I ‘ve been having this problem for a while and my files sometimes disappears. Can I stop it?

:)

Shea Knight, Feb 25, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Feb 25, 2019
  3. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 25, 2019
  4. files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender

Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's March 2019 issue is out now! | TechRadar

*Smile files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender

1. files sometimes disappears, I think it is Windows Defender - Similar Threads - files sometimes disappears

2. Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.: I've tried to open windows defender for a total system scan after some weird behavior with my mouse randomly moving without me touching it. I just can not open windows defender AT ALL. I've also tried to update Windows for it's last version but the its spewing: There...
  3. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  4. windows defender disappeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows defender disappeared?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShunKoPoP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jtgcfx/windows_defender_disappeared/
  5. I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank

I think trickbot attacked and Windows defender is blank: Hello Microsoft.! I am using Windows 10 from quite sometime. Before this i was using Windows 7 and now I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using malware bytes in Windows 7 but I thought I won't need it in Windows 10 due to Windows defender but I recently some malware probably...
  6. Battery icons sometimes disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icons sometimes disappear: I have laptop that running Windows 10 1909. When im turn on the laptop, sometimes the battery icons is gone. I already turn off battery icons, and then turning it on again, but nothing happen....
  7. Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse

Sometimes disappearing, sometime frozen mouse: I have a Toshiba laptop, everything was working well as it has done for the last couple of years, but suddenly my mouse started to sometimes disappear and sometime freeze. I have tried everything I could think of and it’s still happening. I was wondering whether anyone has...
  8. Corrupted windows files (I think)

Corrupted windows files (I think): This morning I opened my Lenovo laptop and there was the Lenovo startup screen along with a "preparing automatic repair". After a few minutes that my laptop is stuck on this screen I checked online what should I do and saw somewhere I just need to do a "hard reboot" (long...
  9. Opening Files I Think

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files I Think: Every time I try to download a file it won't download the right way or I can't put it in my game because it keeps on downloading with Internet Explorer. I have downloaded another app to download files or whatever, but it keeps on going back to internet explorer and won't let...
  10. Problem with Windows Defender, I think.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Windows Defender, I think.: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...