Windows 10: Files stuck in Mac limbo

Discus and support Files stuck in Mac limbo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My MacBook died suddenly. I had to switch to a Windows 10 PC. How do I get my files off the Mac-formatted standalone hard drives? I'm not very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saintbridge2, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Files stuck in Mac limbo

My MacBook died suddenly. I had to switch to a Windows 10 PC.

How do I get my files off the Mac-formatted standalone hard drives?

I'm not very computer savvy -- hence my situation -- so keep that in mind as you reply.

Thanks!

#MacBookPro #ThinkPad #formatting

submitted by /u/Saintbridge2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saintbridge2, Nov 19, 2020
  2. ShiBDiB Win User

Limbo bug

OOOOOOOO I thought the bug was being refered to as the limbo bug (Like stuck in limbo..).. not the game limbo having a bug

ShiBDiB, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 (KB4041676) - Error 0x80070157 stuck in limbo

Installation error, stuck in limbo, only one system is affected. After the 100% hardisk activities, and force reboot , now the patch is stuck in a limbo, cant install , it just keep downloading automatically via wucs but failed to installed. Manual download
    via catalog doesnt install it either.

Error 0x80070157 is reported.

2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676) - Error 0x80070157

hwoarang45, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Files stuck in Mac limbo

mac files

MacFUSE and NTFS-3g are both excellent tools for NTFS access on a Mac.

Fat32 IIRC will limit you to the 4gb files and such.

You can use the Disk Utility (Located in Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility) to format your drive any which way you please, except NTFS, because OS X does not natively support NTFS writing. READ ONLY. MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will allow you to write things to NTFS drives.

HFS+ will however, be mac only, unless your PC/Linux box also has a compatability software installed.

I would suggest MacFUSE if you need to use the drive between machines.

you CAN have HFS+ and NTFS partitions on the same drive, aswell. The HFS+ partitions just will not mount in windows without help.

Dippyskoodlez, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Files stuck in Mac limbo

1. Files stuck in Mac limbo - Similar Threads - Files stuck Mac

2. Windows didn't realize devices got removed and now they're stuck in a state of limbo.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows didn't realize devices got removed and now they're stuck in a state of limbo.: I had a really finicky usb hub that I had mounted on my desk for easy access to usb ports. I plugged my keyboard and controller into it. at some point, the hub shat itself and disconnected both devices but didn't send windows the signal that they were unplugged. Now I have an...
  3. My apps are stuck in limbo.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My apps are stuck in limbo.: Hello internet, my photos, windows 10 video editor and ms store apps are grayed out with a white line at the bottom in the start menu that is limbo. I don't know how i could fix this, hopefully someone has an answer to my question....
  4. Jpeg files from Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jpeg files from Mac: I have some .jpeg files I was given by a MAC owner that will not open. I have tried Photos, Gallery and Adobe Photoshop. I get a message that the files may be damaged or corrupted. These files can be opened on the MAC. I have tries renaming them to .jpg with no luck. Is there...
  5. Computer stuck in LIMBO, please help me deleted all permissions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in LIMBO, please help me deleted all permissions.: I accidentally deleted all the permissions from my laptop. Now I can't do much of anything on it anymore. Whenever I login I get this message: "WE CAN'T SIGN IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you...
  6. So I have an account stuck in limbo...

in Windows 10 Customization
    So I have an account stuck in limbo...: So like, I have a PC that i share with my mom. It was all good and well, and one day, I wanted to give myself admin rights. So, I removed my mom's account from the admininstrator group and forgot to put her into the normal users group. And so, I can't access anything. Like, I...
  7. Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin corrupted, can't fix it because it's stuck in a limbo: I have a weird problem. I reinstalled my Windows and the Xbox (Beta) app wasn't able to find my installed games so I had to delete them manually (because the stupid app wouldn't let me reinstall them on the same drive). Now MS don't want you to have access to the game files...
  8. WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows10 Safemode Login Limbo: Hi All , I restarted a functional Windows10 PC in safe-mode and thereafter cannot get past the Windows login. PC reboots fine, it is in safe-mode, and once Windows starts and brings me to my user login window it will not accept my PIN. I receive the message "The password is...
  9. File Sharing Problem with Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Problem with Mac: My old set up was windows 7 desktop and Mac OS Yosemite MacBook air (MBA), Both computers can share files. My desktop was connected to an Ethernet modem/wired and my MBA wifi is access via wireless router, Everything is working and I replaced my desktop w/ new Win machine w/...
  10. Stuck in Limbo between 8.1 and 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Limbo between 8.1 and 10!: I had something go wrong with my 10 (probably my error), so after many attempts, I thought going back to 8.1 would at least get me running. I am stuck in Limbo. My 8.1 files are not starting either......freezes up either on sign in or while starting up I have 8.1 on Disc,...