Windows 10: Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and...

Discus and support Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my application exe files and setup files are suddenly being eaten up and being reduced to 0kbs. bringing an error message saying "this app cant run on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sek0OV, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Sek0OV Win User

Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and...

my application exe files and setup files are suddenly being eaten up and being reduced to 0kbs. bringing an error message saying "this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for this pc check with the software publisher".

:)

Sek0OV, Nov 4, 2019
  2. MJ~
    mj~ Win User

all executable files on my pc turned to 0kb

so my laptop was infected by a virus that turned all the executable files into 0kb size and now i cannot run them. is there a way to recover these files and remove the virus without formatting all my drives

3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and...

.exe files reduced to 0kb

Hello. I have a computer that I'm trying to fix that was infected by this virus (Win32.Grenam.G) that made almost all .exe files 0KB and probably moved the real ones somewhere else I don't know. UWD apps have not been affected.

Upon obtaining the computer I have updated OS, installed Bitdefender and Malwarebytes which came up with 14 and 104 infected files respectively (it was a breeding zone lol). I've also downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner and Malwarebytes' Adwcleaner and
    removed some more stuff.

But after following this thread for someone that had the same problem, the help the person was receiving became specialized upon his farbar log files and I couldn't follow along. So if there's anyone that's had the same issue, or knows how to fix one, would
    appreciate your response. Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 1803 (updating to 1903 at the moment)

Kirubiel Shimeles, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and...

1. Files such as execution files for apps and setups are suddenly being reduced to 0kbs and... - Similar Threads - Files such execution

2. unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc: Hello, I recently discovered an unknown .jar file on my Windows system that occupies 5.8GB of storage. I'm concerned it might be malware or unwanted software. I've taken the following steps but would appreciate your guidance: Ran a thorough scan using AVAST antivirus, which...
  3. unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc: Hello, I recently discovered an unknown .jar file on my Windows system that occupies 5.8GB of storage. I'm concerned it might be malware or unwanted software. I've taken the following steps but would appreciate your guidance: Ran a thorough scan using AVAST antivirus, which...
  4. unknown .jar executable file that suddenly appeared on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can Not Execute File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Not Execute File: I have downloaded a file onto my computer and it won't let me open it. I have tried many different YouTube videos and none of them seem to have the same problem I d. How do I fix this? I will provide a screenshot below. Any suggestions would be very helpful....
  6. Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.: Many recent EXE application set up files will not run. This presumably started a few days ago, but I then thought it was confined to just one setup EXE (Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe). This morning I discovered it's many (but NOT all) of them. The inactive ones seem to be...
  7. Apps in App execution aliases are not being turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps in App execution aliases are not being turned on: I accidentally turned off one of the appspython in App execution aliases. When I again wanted to turn it back on, it was not being turned on. I want to turn it on. Because after this event whenever I open a project in vs code, it says This app can't run on your pc; to find a...
  8. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  9. Windows execute file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows execute file: Approximately 3 minutes after switching on the computer, during startup, I get the following page appearing on the screen for about 1 second. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\installutil.exe This page flashes up 32 times before everything settles down. Has...
  10. Unable to execute file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to execute file: Purchase a new computer with windows 10 on it. When trying to install a program on it I get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; code 5. Access is denied. Help what does this mean? What do I need to do? I'm listed as the administrator....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My laptop is showing me apps with 0kbs what is wrong?