Windows 10: Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

Discus and support Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JudeALPF, Apr 12, 2024.

1. JudeALPF Win User

Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't been able to access my files for two days.I'm not an experienced computer operative - I can only use the very basic things as I don't understand computer language! So please treat me as a complete novice!Thank you if anyone can help.P.S. I have several AVG products installed - AVG Internet Security + AVG Anti Track + AVG Driver Updater + AVG Secure VPN + AVG Tune Up

:)

JudeALPF, Apr 12, 2024
  2. emmykiss Win User

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I am working in Windows 10 home version 1909.
    Can not afford an upgrade.
    My Office files are old, dont know what version.
    Cant remember how I updated this laptop to Windows 10 months ago.
    PROBLEM:
    I can not open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    I looked for my Windows old file as suggested, and it IS gone.
    Haveing a small breakdown, will step away and return in a few...ANY DIRECTIONS AND ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE THEM IN STEP BY STEP FORMAT. Thankyooouuuuuuuu!

emmykiss, Apr 12, 2024
  3. I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Apr 12, 2024
  4. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

Word, Excel and Adobe wont print

To further troubleshoot your printing concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Using the test user profile, try to print an Excel, Word and Adobe file.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Setting then hit the Enter key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the user profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.
    Please take note if you will experience the printing issue on TEST user.

We will be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

1. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Files suddenly won't

2. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10: My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't been able to access my files for two days.I'm not an experienced computer operative - I can only use the very basic things as I...
  3. Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe in Windows 10: My Files suddenly won't open in Excel, Word, or Adobe PDF's in Windows 10 - why?I'm trying to do some really important and urgent work and I haven't been able to access my files for two days.I'm not an experienced computer operative - I can only use the very basic things as I...
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  6. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  7. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  8. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  9. cannot open word or excel files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot open word or excel files: I cannot open excel or word files. I get an error message everytime I try and open those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files/964b7030-4219-4f20-9683-554ed344e103
  10. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader): Previously when I wanted to open a recent file, I just right clicked the app in the start menu and selected the file. I currently see the recent files but cannot open them. I am not sure when it started but probably after update....