Windows 10: Files takes a long time to open from my profile

Discus and support Files takes a long time to open from my profile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Day I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoraNaj, Jul 12, 2019.

1. NoraNaj Win User

Files takes a long time to open from my profile

Good Day

I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it would take a very long time to open, although it would appear in the explorer preview pane.

I created another account (local computer), everything went smooth and fine.

note: I updated my system to version 1903, hoping it will fix the issue but nothing change.

Can any body help how to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance

Nora Naj

:)

NoraNaj, Jul 12, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Files takes a long time to open from my profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Files takes a long time to open from my profile

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Files takes a long time to open from my profile

1. Files takes a long time to open from my profile - Similar Threads - Files takes long

2. Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/Programs take a long time to open/run: I have an Octo Core Processor but everything that I try to run/open up takes a long time, I have a reading showing that the Processor runs at around 2% to 3% and the 8GB of Ram is using about 45% to 48% when the computer is idle, how can I be using 45% of ram when the...
  3. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  4. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...
  5. Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting/renaming files on desktop takes a long time: Good day, I recently updated my operative system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I had Windows 8.1, I had a problem with deleting/renaming files on the desktop, it simply just took way too long. So one of the main reason really in upgrading was that it could maybe...
  6. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203
  7. HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    HTML links in Outlook (office) 2016 taking a long time to open.: Clean install of Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.98. And fresh install of Office 2016. Ran Windows update with give me updates for other Microsoft products checked. This the full office 20160 Pro Plus, not office 365. If I click a link in an e-mail, like the ones for forum post...
  8. Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document

in Windows 10 Support
    Wordpad, Notepad taking long time to open new document: Just upgraded from Windows 10 (1511) to the anniversary edition. When I try to create a new Wordpad or Notepad document, several minutes pass before the document pops up. A pre-existing file pops open upon command as usual. Other pgms may be doing the same, but I...
  9. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...
  10. *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***

in Windows 10 Support
    *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***: Here is the simple solution to fixing the Windows 10 taking long time to delete files and folders problem. THE PROBLEM: When you delete a big file (or folder) or lots of files in File Explorer, you notice in the popup window the green progress bar goes to 99% and then...