Windows 10: Files takes a long time to open from my profile

Discus and support Files takes a long time to open from my profile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Day I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoraNaj, Jul 12, 2019.

1. NoraNaj Win User

Files takes a long time to open from my profile

Good Day

I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it would take a very long time to open, although it would appear in the explorer preview pane.

I created another account (local computer), everything went smooth and fine.

note: I updated my system to version 1903, hoping it will fix the issue but nothing change.

Can any body help how to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance

Nora Naj

:)

NoraNaj, Jul 12, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Files takes a long time to open from my profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Files takes a long time to open from my profile

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Files takes a long time to open from my profile

1. Files takes a long time to open from my profile - Similar Threads - Files takes long

2. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  3. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  4. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  5. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  6. Files taking long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files taking long to open: Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use Internet.What should I do? Someone should please explain in layman's language. I am not a techie. I am a senior citizen 79 and do...
  7. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  8. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  9. My scanner takes such a long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My scanner takes such a long time: my scanner takes such a long time * Moved from Office/Outlook/Win 10 * Original title: paper port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scanner-takes-such-a-long-time/bc2c1af7-dc9c-4028-8318-c5906bae2bc0
  10. Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection: When I click on any file to open it will take a very long time to open., it will also hang when I right click on it, or drag it. However when I disable the ethernet connection, i will not have this problem at all. Can anybody help me fix this issue. Thanks in advance....