Windows 10: Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection

Discus and support Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on any file to open it will take a very long time to open., it will also hang when I right click on it, or drag it. However when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoraNaj, Jul 23, 2019.

1. NoraNaj Win User

Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection

When I click on any file to open it will take a very long time to open., it will also hang when I right click on it, or drag it. However when I disable the ethernet connection, i will not have this problem at all.

Can anybody help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

NoraNaj, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 23, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection :)

jaydeee, Jul 23, 2019
  4. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection - Similar Threads - Files takes long

2. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  3. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  4. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  5. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  6. Files taking long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files taking long to open: Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use Internet.What should I do? Someone should please explain in layman's language. I am not a techie. I am a senior citizen 79 and do...
  7. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  8. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  9. Files takes a long time to open from my profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files takes a long time to open from my profile: Good Day I recently, and suddenly became unable to open files quickly as it used to. Now when I click on any file (word, excel, pdf, picture), it would take a very long time to open, although it would appear in the explorer preview pane. I created another account (local...
  10. My Laptop takes Extremely long to Connect to Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Laptop takes Extremely long to Connect to Ethernet: My HP Pavilion dv6 doesn't take long to establish a 2.4 GHz connection to wifi, but ethernet takes forever. I want to use an ethernet connection because my download speed jumps from 50 mbps to 120. Iknow it is not a hardware issue because my ASUS desktop can connect using the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 takes long time to switch from wifi to ethernet