Windows 10: Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

Discus and support Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Usually, when I would put a file or something from a folder to the desktop it would show up within a second, but now when moving any file it takes ~30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spookaly, Mar 10, 2021.

1. spookaly Win User

Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

Usually, when I would put a file or something from a folder to the desktop it would show up within a second, but now when moving any file it takes ~30 seconds for the changes to be shown on the desktop and in the folder. Do you know what causes this and how I can fix it or make it faster?

:)

spookaly, Mar 10, 2021

2. Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

This just started happening this week. Whenever I try to open file explorer in windows 10 it takes a very long time for my files and folders to appear. I have tried using the DISM command but that did not fix the problem

Shawn Robert Robinson, Mar 10, 2021
  3. firewine Win User
    Create new folder takes too long

Thanks for the suggestion Ramesh, but it still takes a long time to create a new folder. It feels very strange, like I'm accessing my computer via a virtual server!

firewine, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up

This worked!! Thank you very much Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder :) Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder :)

Synaptics Control Panel
    seems to be the offending extension for me. Any downside for disabling it?

Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder [​IMG]

Remian8985, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

1. Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder - Similar Threads - Files taking long

2. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  3. Folders taking a long a time to open

Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  4. Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time: Windows 10 20H2 Im trying to get organized. I have folders that I would like to merge and so normally windows will say "Destination folder has the same name would you like to merge it" But now suddenly it is wanting to overwrite everything and it wont give me that message. I...
  5. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  6. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  7. "This PC" or File Explorer takes long time to show icons and drives

"This PC" or File Explorer takes long time to show icons and drives: Good Day... I have HP Probook 450 G5 laptop, with Intel i7; 8GB Ram and 250GB SSD. in which I just recently formatted. It works perfectly fine at my home and when I use it one of my workplace it suddenly takes forever to open "This PC" folder. The odd thing is, other...
  8. help file explorer taking a long time to loadup downloads folder of files and folders is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help file explorer taking a long time to loadup downloads folder of files and folders is...: [ATTACH] and every other folder loads up in fast time https://preview.redd.it/c6pos84swqu41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=03a2022904c90723df09b9cf10e37bc1825db32a submitted by /u/NiceIndependent6 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  10. cclean taking long time for analyze to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cclean taking long time for analyze to show up: for the past three months cclean has taken a long time for analyze to show up bright blue when first installed it took only seconds have been using it and updating it for two years. all info greatly appreciated DME 80297