Windows 10: Files taking long to open

Discus and support Files taking long to open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManmohanJoshi, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Files taking long to open

Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use Internet.What should I do? Someone should please explain in layman's language. I am not a techie. I am a senior citizen 79 and do a lot of writing work for my *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

ManmohanJoshi, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Patrick8 Win User
    Can't open or rename file (name is too long) WTF?

Hi Ramsey,

I suggest to try "Long Path Tool" program .

before I have problem cannot copy file because file name too long. and after I found long path tool and now my problem solved

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick8, Jun 27, 2021
  4. jaydeee Win User

Files taking long to open

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Files taking long to open :)

jaydeee, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Files taking long to open

1. Files taking long to open - Similar Threads - Files taking long

2. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  3. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  5. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  7. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  8. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

9. Apps are taking so long to open

Apps are taking so long to open: Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So...
  10. Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files takes long time to open on Ethernet connection: When I click on any file to open it will take a very long time to open., it will also hang when I right click on it, or drag it. However when I disable the ethernet connection, i will not have this problem at all. Can anybody help me fix this issue. Thanks in advance....