Windows 10: Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

Discus and support Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed that when I want to open certain file from the windows search bar, it takes me to This PC and makes me search for it. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kj keo, Sep 12, 2022.

1. kj keo Win User

Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

Recently I've noticed that when I want to open certain file from the windows search bar, it takes me to This PC and makes me search for it. For example, when I type "PC APPS" in the search bar, it does not show the folder icon, but instead shows the PC icon. When I open the folder, it takes me to the "This PC" tab, instead of the folder itself. This has been quite annoying for me, since I have lots of folders that I know would open before when I typed them in. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem. It also happens with .txt files.

:)

kj keo, Sep 12, 2022
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 12, 2022
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file. :)

jaydeee, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

How to Open this File win10 x64

i do not know the file type. it does not say. it just says how would like to open this no name or file type anywhere. i will get picture in second

atanas dimitrov, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

1. Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file. - Similar Threads - Files typed search

2. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open files of varying types: Recently, in preparation for wiping my hard drive, I saved all the things on my computer that were in my document files to Google Drive and also to a thumb drive. This included Word files, pictures, and all types of things. When I was ready to reinstall from Google Drive, all...
  3. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open files of varying types: Recently, in preparation for wiping my hard drive, I saved all the things on my computer that were in my document files to Google Drive and also to a thumb drive. This included Word files, pictures, and all types of things. When I was ready to reinstall from Google Drive, all...
  4. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.: Recently I've noticed that when I want to open certain file from the windows search bar, it takes me to This PC and makes me search for it. For example, when I type "PC APPS" in the search bar, it does not show the folder icon, but instead shows the PC icon. When I open the...
  6. Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files typed in on the windows search bar open to This PC, instead of opening the actual file.: Recently I've noticed that when I want to open certain file from the windows search bar, it takes me to This PC and makes me search for it. For example, when I type "PC APPS" in the search bar, it does not show the folder icon, but instead shows the PC icon. When I open the...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Opening Bing Instead of Programs: Hello! For a long time now, to open applications which I commonly use I've used the search bar. It's very quick and easy - but recently it's stopped working. For example, when I want to launch HyperV I'd simply hit the Windows key on my keyboard then type in 'hyperv' and hit...
  8. Unable to "open file location" from search bar

in Cortana
    Unable to "open file location" from search bar: When I search for something from the search bar and click "open file location", there's a RunTimeBroker error that says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I'm pretty sure this...
  9. Can't open files from Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't open files from Windows Search Bar: I usually open some of my files by searching their name in windows and then clicking them. This feature stopped working after I did an update on Windows. My previous version was 1803 and the new version is 1809. I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. After I click search icon, the...
  10. Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally: Files on demand is turned on so I don't why this is still an issue. If I browse the oneDrive folder in Explorer then the files open locally. Windows search shows the following field: Location OneDrive:\<NAME\_OF\_FOLDER> submitted by /u/YasZedOP [link] [comments]...