Windows 10: Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

Discus and support Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was doing a malware scan on my laptop and found files named the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jerrypalmer1978, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

I was doing a malware scan on my laptop and found files named the following:WORM_WUKILLWORM_MIMAIL.QWORM_SDBOT.BVWORM_RBOT.FJTROJ_LDPINCH.KWORM_BAGZ.FTROJ_AGENT.ABQTROJ_BDI.AWORM_MYTOB.ABWORM_SPYBOT.AHTPE_LOOKED.VWORM_AGENT.SPSWORM_DELF.NQOWORM_XPCODEDCT_PROACTIVETROJ64_PCASTLEDCT_PROACTIVE_X64It didn't say the file location in the scan. During scans, my scanner shows the file it's currently scanning on the bottom and when I saw these file names, they looked suspicious but my scanner didn't point them out as malicious. I heard that sometimes, scanners cannot detect encrypted threats and was wo

:)

jerrypalmer1978, Aug 10, 2022
  2. CarolLJ Win User

ROOT SCANS, DIRECTORY SCANS, MALWARE SCANS

Hi Rob,

You don't need to pay for help removing the virus/malware. You can get
    free
    help by specially- trained, malware removal experts on any one of a number of malware support forums.

So if José's suggestion doesn't clear things up, I suggest you post on either one of these forums. They also use special tools to check various locations on a system, along with requesting log files. They'll provide step by step guidance until your system's
    clean.

MalwareBtyes' forums - malware removal help

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

All the best in getting this infection cleaned up.

Edited to add missing link above.

CarolLJ, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Dam777 Win User
    SUSPICIOUS IMAGE

ISSUE:

My lock screen wallpaper changed suddenly, I didn't change it ( automatically happened, without my action ). Even that suspicious image I have seen is not in my PC storage ( haven't downloaded that at all ).

I don't know why it's happening ... Please make me know what is going on.

The precautions I have done:

• Done the " SFC/scannow " command prompt.
    • checked for the presence of the msacuil.exe file (which isn't found on my device ).
    • Done an anti-malware scan ( third-party )

" I NEED SOME EXPLANATIONS AND SOLUTIONS FOR THIS SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY "

YOU CAN SEE A RED COLOUR IMAGE IN THE WALLPAPER CUE ( A PERSON'S PHOTO ), THAT'S THE SUSPICIOUS IMAGE. EVEN I CAN'T REMOVE IT.

Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan? b3f74873-78a5-4819-9c1d-fea318973200?upload=true.png

Dam777, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

Super slow malware scan

The speed and ability to complete an anti-virus or anti-malware
    scan depends on a variety of factors.

• The program itself and how its scanning engine is designed to scan: using a signature database vs heuristic scanning or a combination of both...see

How an Anti-virus Program Works
    • Options to scan for rootkits, adware, riskware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPS).
    • Options to scan memory, boot sectors, registry and alternate data streams (ADS).
    • Type of scan performed: Deep, Quick or Custom scanning.
    • What action has to be performed when malware is detected.
    • A computer's hard drive size.
    • Disk size and used capacity (number of files that have to be scanned).
    • Types of files (.exe, .dll, .sys, .cab, archived, compressed, packed, email, etc) that are scanned.
    • Whether external drives are included in the scan.
    • Competition for and utilization of system/CPU resources by the scanner.
    • Other running processes and programs in the background.
    • Whether the scanning engine stalls, hangs or freezes.
    • Interference from malware.
    • Interference from other security programs attempting to scan at the same time.
    • Interference from other programs attempting to update (download/install) components from the Internet.
    • Interference from the user (whether or not you use the computer during the scan).

To speed up a scan,
    clean out temporary (junk) files
    first,
    temporarily disable any other real-time protection tools
    , close all open programs, perform a
    Quick Scan instead of a Full one and do not use the computer during the scan. You can also speed up a scan by using file exclusions...What
    Files Should You Exclude?

Generally there are three types of scans offered by most anti-virus and anti-malware programs:

• Quick Scan only checks the areas of your computer most likely to contain malware...the most prevalent and common places where malware typically hides. The length of time for performing a Quick scan will vary but it generally takes about
      15-30 minutes so they can be performed daily.
    • Full Scan is much more comprehensive since it scans the entire hard drive (all folders/files) which can number in the thousands. The length of time for performing a Full scan will also vary but because it is so comprehensive, this type
      of scan can take several hours. Most Full Scans can be scheduled to run late at night when not using the computer so you can perform a weekly scan without having to monitor it.
    • Custom Scan allows the user to select any files and folders on the hard drive to be scanned.

In most cases when performing routine security checks, only a Quick Scan is needed since it checks the areas of your computer most likely to contain malware...the most prevalent and common places where malware typically hides. A
    Full Scan is much more comprehensive and can take a long time since it checks the entire hard drive (all folders/files) which can number in the thousands. The length of time for performing this type of scan varies because it is so comprehensive
    and therefore can take several hours. As such, a Full scan is generally recommended only for heavily infected systems...showing obvious indications (signs
    of infection
    and
    malware symptoms
    ) that something is wrong.

Note: Using two or more program security scanning engines at the same time can cause each to interfere with the other, cause systems hangs, false detections, unreliable results and other unpredictable behavior. Some files and services are
    locked by the operating system or running programs during use for protection, so security scanners may encounter problems attempting to access them. Other legitimate files, especially those used by security programs, may be
    obfuscated, encrypted or password protected in order to conceal itself so they do not allow access as a protective measure. Further it is not unusual for an anti-virus or anti-malware scanner to
    have problems with or be suspicious of
    compressed
    archived
    .cab
    .rar
    .jar
    .iso
    , and
    packed
    files because they have difficulty reading what is inside them. These kind of files often trigger alerts by security software using

heuristic detection
    because they are resistant to scanning (difficult to read). This resistance may also result in some scanners to stall (hang) on these particular types of files.

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

1. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan? - Similar Threads - Files suspicious names

2. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  3. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious file: I have discovered a file name "AmonKorneFBF.exe" located in my Program Files x86\AmonKorneFBF. When I try to delete the folder, it says the file is open in another program. I tried to end task in task manager, but it keeps appearing right after I click end task. The file name...
  4. Suspicious file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?: I was doing a malware scan on my laptop and found files named the...
  6. was having problems w laptop, scanned, 29 infected files but apparently no malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    was having problems w laptop, scanned, 29 infected files but apparently no malware: i was editing the files on my desktop a few hours ago when suddenly my wallpaper went white and the taskbar disappeared - that fixed itself after a few seconds but a command prompt showed up afterwards and now i think some of my files are missing or corrupted i cant search...
  7. Scanning Hidden and Suspicious file

Scanning Hidden and Suspicious file: Some time ago i had made an antivirus scam but my antivirus could not open and scan a file that was strange to me. The path to the file is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender" The file's weight is 0KB, the file is also hidden. My amtivirus's publisher wrote that...
  8. Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool.

Suspicious activity with Malware Removal Tool.: Hi there, I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a Dell XPS Laptop. I have been using Norton 360 for virus protection, in addition to using the Windows Defender and Malware Removal Tool. Norton recently began blocking suspected Trojan activity as of late October. Although...
  9. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  10. suspicious file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suspicious file: .usr_app_ncr.dat this file is located in c:/ user/documents should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-file/5c672176-5745-499d-b6d7-9c7dc7e47516