Windows 10: Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...

Discus and support Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried all of the resolutions I can find within the community pages but still i can only see icons and not thumbnails of my images. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelHeron1, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...

Hi, I have tried all of the resolutions I can find within the community pages but still i can only see icons and not thumbnails of my images.

Here is a link to the community help page I've already tried:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445

None of these resolutions have worked and have actually made it worse. It was showing some thumbnails and some icons within a folder but now there are only icons. I've checked, double checked and triple checked that 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' is unchecked and have just updated to the newest version as windows 10 and it is still happening. I don't know what else to do.

Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of... 091cc910-0d31-43b0-860d-fa73d7bce325?upload=true.png

:)

MichaelHeron1, Jan 16, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User
    thomaseg1, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Pictures do not display thumbnails but icons

Hi Laura,

As per the above added info, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Open the location where you images or saved.

2. Here click on the View Tab and then on the Option drop down.

3. Here click on the Change folder and search options.

4. Here under View tab, check the box Display file icon on thumbnails
    and uncheck Always show icons, not thumbnails.

5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Ammeg Win User

Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...

Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

Hi,

I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I have posted the screenshot below to show the current settings. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of... [​IMG]

Ammeg, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of...

1. Files will still not show as thumbnails - will only display icons even after trying all of... - Similar Threads - Files still show

2. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...
  3. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...
  4. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  6. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  7. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  8. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  9. Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.: I checked the Folder Options in Explorer and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option is not enabled. Next, I checked through the System Properties and made sure "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option is enabled. What doesn't make sense is when I open a...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...