Windows 10: Files with red cross

Discus and support Files with red cross in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yeji1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Yeji1 Win User

Files with red cross

All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you.

:)

Yeji1, Apr 13, 2020

2. My speaker with a Red-Cross

Hello CraigLong:

As you suggested that HP told me to download the new Conexant HD Audio Driver.

After installing the new driver, the "red-cross on the speaker" went away immediately.

Thanks all the help you have given! -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

cant turn sound on has red cross next to sound icon.need step by step instruction please to resolve,

Original title : sound

MarkWinton, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Files with red cross

Red crosses and green ticks on photo files.

why do some photo files have red crosses and some have green ticks on them. This is a relatively new thing on my laptop, All of my photos (1000s of them) now have either red crosses or green ticks. I dont use Onedrive or Google Drive but I do use Google
    photos. im pretty sure they have all been synced from on to the other. Thanks.

davidgolding1976, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Files with red cross

1. Files with red cross - Similar Threads - Files red cross

2. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  3. red cross appearing on files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red cross appearing on files: HelloA red cross has appeared on all my files across multiple hard drives,it is showing on the bottom right hand corner of all video files.the design of the cross matches the delete option cross situated in the home section at the top of windows explorer.It only happens when...
  4. Red cross on desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red cross on desktop files and folders: I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I...
  5. Red cross on desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red cross on desktop files and folders: I was wondering why there's a red cross on all the files and folders on my Windows 11 desktop, whenever I open a folder and the bar on the top starts loading green bar it never completes the action. I think this has something to do with OneDrive? I use my PC storage so I...
  6. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  7. Windows 10 red cross issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 red cross issue: During start up, the icons look normal. after a while, red crosses appears on the drive. These arent network drives. System restore doesnt help. Any views on this? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Red Into/Cross Mark on Local Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red Into/Cross Mark on Local Drives: What does a red into/cross mark over the Local Drive mean and how to remove it ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-intocross-mark-on-local-drives/b559344b-0855-4b6d-a587-accd9a673a37"
  9. Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar: After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital licence type ) unfortunately after I installed it a message appeared a few days later that it needs activating. Following the...
  10. Red cross on sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red cross on sound: Hello, I have a fresh install on my PC and for some reason it doesn't detect my headphones, I've plugged them in the front and rear and still no luck, all drivers and software are up to date, any idea what's happening? They did use to work before the fresh install. 43067