Windows 10: Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected

Discus and support Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope you can help me. I do a lot of digital artwork on my computer. I make a living from this and have quite a few images in files in my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaureenDavis1, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected

I hope you can help me. I do a lot of digital artwork on my computer. I make a living from this and have quite a few images in files in my computer. I had an extra long update happen overnight and now when I try to open my artwork files, it won't let me. It says that they are write protected. Please tell me there is a way for me to get these files to open because we are talking about literally thousands of hours of work and some of these images are supposed to be going to a third party in the next 24 hours!

:)

LaureenDavis1, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 22, 2019
  3. MikkoSL Win User
    Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

After Win10 update, some of office files won´t open.
    Some .docx and .pptx files especially.

Any hints on this issue?

MikkoSL, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected

freebird_9924, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected

1. Files won't open after 9/21 update - says write protected - Similar Threads - Files won't open

2. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  3. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  4. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Write Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write Protection: I have Windows 10 but I am using an older version of Excel. Maybe from Windows 7. But not sure.I only use USBs or flash drives to save files. Recently, my files take long to load. They use to come up almost immediately.That is one change I noticed.Now, I also can't copy one...
  6. write protection

write protection: box pops up states media is write protected when try to down load a photo of a document how do i get rid of the write protection , also not showing these photos just a black screen,...
  7. Write protect

in Windows 10 Support
    Write protect: Hello my PC turned off in the middle or installing windows 10 now I can't do anything because it is write protected can anyone help me 163480
  8. write protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    write protection: how to resolve issue of write protection pen drive in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protection/1ad233e0-c446-4e26-a0a7-dcfc87748525
  9. write protected

write protected: why have all my file suddenly become write protected and how do I reverse it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected/ebca984c-3f59-431d-9662-1c2a1481e13f
  10. Write protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Write protection: So i logged on my computer today only to find that all my folders and files have a blank paper attached to their icons, and windows has enabled write protection on all my folders so i cant save important settings. Any way to fix this? 128441

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files are somehow write-protected and wont open