Windows 10: Files won't print after recent Windows update

Discus and support Files won't print after recent Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the most recent Windows update, non of my files will print. When I hit the print button instead of printing, a box opens to "print to file"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisUtt, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ChrisUtt Win User

Files won't print after recent Windows update

After the most recent Windows update, non of my files will print. When I hit the print button instead of printing, a box opens to "print to file" instead of the file going to my printer. My printer is in the list and is checked as my default printer, and there is no check mark by "print to file". Everything was perfect before this update, please advise as this is my work computer for my small business, and it is used daily.

:)

ChrisUtt, Jul 26, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 26, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Jul 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Files won't print after recent Windows update - Similar Threads - Files won't print

2. Printing Problem Using Windows 11 After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Problem Using Windows 11 After Recent Update: I bought a Surface Laptop Go 2 several days ago after my bequeathed, 14-year-old and upgraded to Windows 10, HP's hard drive seemed to have died, I having had minimal WiFi speed and start-up problems for some time. The Surface is a wonderful machine: far faster than the HP...
  3. Printing Problem Using Windows 11 After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Problem Using Windows 11 After Recent Update: I bought a Surface Laptop Go 2 several days ago after my bequeathed, 14-year-old and upgraded to Windows 10, HP's hard drive seemed to have died, I having had minimal WiFi speed and start-up problems for some time. The Surface is a wonderful machine: far faster than the HP...
  4. Mail app won't print after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't print after update: I try to print to my HP printer but it doesn't print nor does it spool to the printer. I then tried to print to PDF as I have the adobe suite and usually can do so no problem but I get the following error message in a .txt file. %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% 03logha not...
  5. My wireless epson printer won't print after recent updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My wireless epson printer won't print after recent updates.: My wireless printers won't print after recent updates. This happened in 2019 and several times after any update. I did the epson troubleshoot and my driver is up to date. So is all the software. I can only remotely print through Epson connect, I need help...
  6. Windows 10 won't print after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't print after update: Hi everyone. My PC was running Windows 7. On Friday I installed Windows 10 (not an upgrade but a clean install). On Saturday I installed Office, and was able to print. But I noticed when I shut down on Saturday evening, Windows was configuring (i.e. installing updates)....
  7. Unable to print to networked printer after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print to networked printer after recent Windows 10 update: Prior to the Windows 10 updates on 19 July (1) and 20 July (2) I was able to print from my HP laptop to the networked HP printer. Since the update that functionality has ceased. Running troubleshooter has not resolved the issue nor have I found anything in reviewing...
  8. After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print: After the windows 10 update recently I no longer can print from my Epson or Brother multi printers. I called Epson and they are saying that the IP Address changed and that is why I can't print. Can you help me? Where do I go in my computer to change this so my printer and...
  9. Apps won't work after recent windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't work after recent windows update: After the most recent Windows update in the last 2 weeks, there are various apps on my laptop that won't open. When I click on the icon, they open for a second and then immediately close. Other options for opening them also do not work. The Microsoft Shopping, the...
  10. windows won't activate after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows won't activate after most recent update: i got a brand new computer recently that came with windows 10. i had to reinstall it a few times because of issues i thought were related to the installation (plus the first attempt asked me for a key which i didn't have, the second one didn't). i didn't activate right away....