Windows 10: Files won't show. File explorer blank

Discus and support Files won't show. File explorer blank in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noelle Brown, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Files won't show. File explorer blank

I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then I scanned for viruses, but nothing turned up. I've repeated those things several times, and i still lag/won't see any files if I open file explorer. I don't want to restart my computer because I'm worried if I do, it'll return even more broken. What is wrong/what can I do?

:)

Noelle Brown, Nov 27, 2020
  2. ME_555 Win User

File Explorer STILL not opening

Greetings,

File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix
    File Explorer if it won't open or start
    multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Matt

ME_555, Nov 27, 2020
  3. spysmily1 Win User
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image.

Files won't show. File explorer blank [​IMG]

You can see the icon is correct in the properties window.

Files won't show. File explorer blank [​IMG]

This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the initial install. I've followed the instructions to rebuild icon cache for Windows 10 at http://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-...in-windows-10/. It did not work.

Any suggestions would be great.

spysmily1, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Files won't show. File explorer blank

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Files won't show. File explorer blank

1. Files won't show. File explorer blank - Similar Threads - Files won't show

2. Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work: So I was playing Minecraft, and I tried to open the shaders folder. The file explorer didn't open at all, but explorer.exe would crash for a split second and go back to normal. I restarted my computer, and immediately received the "urlmon.dll is eithernot designed to run on...
  3. File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives: So, I have an issue with USB's and Drives. When I go to plug it in it makes the sound that it was connected but nothing shows in File Explorer, but it shows in Device Manager and it can't be accessed there. The USB ports aren't faulty as my Keyboard and Mouse connect just...
  4. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files: [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly submitted by /u/thmasker [link] [comments]...
  5. File Explorer ribbon is blank

File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  6. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  7. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  8. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226
  9. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer: The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the...
  10. Get a blank page in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Get a blank page in file explorer: Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar. Any...