Windows 10: Files wrongly named

Discus and support Files wrongly named in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running W10 [Version 10.0.18363.1316] I have ripped a load of my CD's ... on a couple of them, the details are wrong ..... on every track it has wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sargan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. sargan Win User

Files wrongly named

Running W10 [Version 10.0.18363.1316]
    I have ripped a load of my CD's ... on a couple of them, the details are wrong ..... on every track it has wrong
    Name, Title, Contributing Artist, Album
    I assume it must have dragged down wrong entries from the on-line database.

I can change file name easy enough ... but how do I change the Title, Contributing Artist, Album ... they stay 'greyed' out when you click on them so can't change.
    Is there a utility .. or simple way to do this?

:)

sargan, Jan 19, 2021
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Jan 19, 2021
  3. E5 : Some Os Files wrongly Deleted

I had wrongly deleted some OS files and my Gallary is currupted now, I had even Hard reset the Phone but Problem is still there, Pls suggest me how to format and reinstall OS

AnujPathania---01, Jan 19, 2021
  4. White Win User

Files wrongly named

List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Files wrongly named

1. Files wrongly named - Similar Threads - Files wrongly named

2. Sort order of files based on name is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort order of files based on name is wrong: Hi all,i sorted a list of files by NAME -> ASCENDINGbut i have noticed that the list is sorted incorrectly and not fully in name order, it is almost in name order. I have highlighted with a red line anything that is not in the correct sort order.I saw someone in the windows...
  3. Sort order of files based on name is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort order of files based on name is wrong: Hi all,i sorted a list of files by NAME -> ASCENDINGbut i have noticed that the list is sorted incorrectly and not fully in name order, it is almost in name order. I have highlighted with a red line anything that is not in the correct sort order.I saw someone in the windows...
  4. [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong: HelloI have two printers on the network which are not on a server, you add them in printer and scannerThey have almost the same name but it's the model number and users often confuse them, so I have changed the name directly on the printer's configuration pageWhen they are...
  5. [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [PRINTER] The printer's name is wrong: HelloI have two printers on the network which are not on a server, you add them in printer and scannerThey have almost the same name but it's the model number and users often confuse them, so I have changed the name directly on the printer's configuration pageWhen they are...
  6. Wrong profile name displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong profile name displayed: Hi, i noticed at times that windows has my son's name listed with his email for example at the top of the settings dashboard? Is that because he has somewhere logged in to his microsoft account on my desktop. How do i get rid of this and display my own details? Thank you....
  7. Files name wrong after changing location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files name wrong after changing location: Hello I need help on my problem. Recently I change all my file location in my PC Such as Documents, Desktop, Downloads,.. etc from C: storage to D: storage. I find it strange because all the files are namely wrong and had the same name. Like, the Desktop and the Download...
  8. Wrongly named system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrongly named system folders: I recently carried out a clean install of Windows 10 on to a new drive installed to replace a problem one. During setting it up I seem to have messed up something in File Explorer so I have a number of system folders appearing under This PC which, although being set up to...
  9. Keyboard layout wrong name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout wrong name: I created a keyboard layout using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and gave it a name. Let it be ONE. Then I created another keyboard layout and gave it a name TWO. But it is displayed under name ONE. I have two different keyboard layouts but they are shown under the same...
  10. wrong name on c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wrong name on c drive: Hello the user name on my c drive is richo, I would like to change it to richone. please could you tell me in simple terms how to do this please. I have reset my computer but it still comes up as this. Thank you...