Windows 10: Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer

Discus and support Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks Just to remind people that if you like Filezilla (a load faster than file explorer by a mega factor) it will also much more securely copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 16, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer

Hi folks

Just to remind people that if you like Filezilla (a load faster than file explorer by a mega factor) it will also much more securely copy files to HDD's / SDD's / directories on the SAME Host as well and it does concurrent transfers not just one at a time.

On the Remote site just enter sftp://localhost with username and password (or whatever your computer name is) and copy at will.

I'm currently on Linux but the GUI is identical on Windows. (For Windows the SENDING system - even if it's the same as the RECEIVING one must have openssh server enabled --it's part of Windows -just activate it from optional applications and programs).

Once you get used to this program you wont even want think of using file explorer ever again for copying large amounts of data !!!!

Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 16, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast

Hi folks

for simple copying from a Remote Nas server TO windows - forget using things like RDP or SAMBA copying with file explorer-- Filezilla client on windows (supports sftp protocol) transfers a zillion times faster --just copied an 80GB Windows Virtual Machine image to a Windows host -- did it in 23 minutes -- OK by me for a full 80GB file. (Ensure on the remote server openssl is installed and service sshd is running and enabled).

Filezilla client installs fine on Windows and is FREE. Really easy to use too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 16, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time)

Hi folks
    File explorer can copy files acrosss a network but it seems to do only 1 at a time

Filezilla via sftp copes with copying several concurrently. Similar ftp type of programsalso can do this.

Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer [​IMG]

anyway of replicating that with file explorer in settings / optimising file transfers etc ?.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 16, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer - Similar Threads - Filezilla concurrent copying

2. How to concurrently, efficiently remove repeated instances of the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to concurrently, efficiently remove repeated instances of the same: This purchased PDF (that I didn't create) repeats the text, underlined in green, under each diagram. Undeniably, deleting each instance one by one is too inefficient! How can I delete this text productively, synchronously, at one fell swoop? 183887
  3. The same BSOD concurrently keeps happening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The same BSOD concurrently keeps happening.: I run a Minecraft server on my pc and allocate 6gbs of ram to it which almost never gets used and usually sits around 2/3 gbs. I recently upgraded my rz 5 3600 to a rz 7 3700x and I'm not totally sure but I think that's when they started to happen. In who crash it almost...
  4. Remote file edit in Filezilla

Remote file edit in Filezilla: Hi there Just a hint for people using filezilla -- easy way to edit remote files when remote system only has console type text editors (vi/vim etc) If you have a remote server with non GUI - you can still edit files on it via filezilla say from a laptop using a full screen...
  5. FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers

FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers: Hi folks Some filezilla users might not be aware of this but you can increase throughput for file transfers by changing the maximum number of concurrent transfers to 10 -- it installs 2 by default. (The optimum number will be based on your network speed capability and also...
  6. For Fast File XFER - Filezilla

For Fast File XFER - Filezilla: Hi there I can't recommend this FREE program highly enough - a winner in every way including sftp encrypted secure file transfers Works really fast, much more reliable than Windows explorer and can re-try, decent logs etc etc. Fast XFER, Windows to / from Windows, Windows...
  7. Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time): Hi folks File explorer can copy files acrosss a network but it seems to do only 1 at a time Filezilla via sftp copes with copying several concurrently. Similar ftp type of programsalso can do this. [img] anyway of replicating that with file explorer in settings /...
  8. Copying files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  9. Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast

Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast: Hi folks for simple copying from a Remote Nas server TO windows - forget using things like RDP or SAMBA copying with file explorer-- Filezilla client on windows (supports sftp protocol) transfers a zillion times faster --just copied an 80GB Windows Virtual Machine image to a...
  10. File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying: Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files...