Windows 10: Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Discus and support Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Colinblast, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:02 PM.

1. Colinblast Win User

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Filezilla security issue

#1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28

I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great.

Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files.

I have been getting the attached security message over the last week, and Windows Defender Antivirus twice flagged files right after I tried to download files from Filezilla. The computer in question is a Windows 10 Pro computer. I am not getting any such error message when downloading the same files on two other Windows servers that are using other Windows OS's.

I have checked, and I have the latest update of Filezilla.

What should I do? Is there a fix for this?
    ATTACHMENTS
    Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla file.png
    Filezilla security issue October 2018.png (126.11 KiB) Viewed 10 times

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla file.php?avatar=2.gif
    botg

Site Admin
    First name: Tim
    Last name: Kosse
    Contact botg
    Re: Filezilla security issue

#2 Post by botg » 2018-10-11 18:12

Windows Defender flagging it is a false-positive, contact Microsoft to have this fixed.

:)

2. frankie827 Win User

Filezilla download problem

Hey everyone,
    I've been trying to download a large file(about 6gb) with filezilla through my ftp server(running filezilla) at home while I'm at college. Unfortunately, it always seems to give me this message while I'm around 30% done saying that the file exists. I've tried the skip, overwrite, and resume options, but it always resets. How do I get around this problem? Can I just not download a file that big?

thanks in advance

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Filezilla download problem

I don't know, I use pretty much the same setup, Filezilla Server and FileZilla client, and have download 10GB+ files with it. There might be a setting somewhere in the server that is preventing the file from resuming, or maybe even something in the client.

4. 95Viper Win User

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Thema:

1. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla - Similar Threads - Filezilla downloads flagged

2. Windows Defender ATP partnering w/ industry to reduce false positives

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender ATP partnering w/ industry to reduce false positives: Every day, antivirus capabilities in Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Windows Defender ATP) protect millions of customers from threats. To effectively scale protection, Windows Defender ATP uses intelligent systems that combine multiple layers of machine learning...
  3. Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat: Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file]...
  4. Why does Windows Defender not understand "False Positive"?

Why does Windows Defender not understand "False Positive"?: Almost daily now, I've had to clear a "threat" from Defender's "actions needed" list on a specific program that is a false positive. How do I make it work as expected?...
  5. Possible False Positive?

Possible False Positive?: Hello! I've been trying to figure this out all day; on my desktop earlier today, Windows defender flagged a file associated with the Immersive Control Panel - 'Control Panel a.k.a. ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms' - as 'Trojan:O97M/DPlink.A' in my user files and in the...
  6. Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server: Hi, I am running Wnidows 10 with a FileZilla Server. I cannot connect to the server when inbound rules are set to default (no rule, no access). If I set inbound rules to "allow", i can connect to the FileZilla Server. Inbound rules Name Profile Enabled Action Override...
  7. Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive: I received a false positive for C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Tap0901.sys today, checked on Totalvirus and confirmed as ok. Detection ratio: 0/60 Mike 79067
  8. Lots of false positives with WD lately

Lots of false positives with WD lately: This is becoming pretty annoying. As of late WD is reporting a lot of apps I have laying around as some virus. Anyone? If WD keeps reporting false positives I may consider swapping my AV for another one, even if I hate AVAST, AVG and the such with passion. 40483
  9. FileZilla Frustration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FileZilla Frustration: I am in the last grit of setting up FileZilla, I am using all the defaults and going through the wizards to set the account details. Problem. Error Failed to create listen socket on port 0, This seems to root in Window 10 Defender. I have found how to open the port...
  10. False negative or false positive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False negative or false positive ?: Win 10 Home 10586.164 Did a Sfc /scannow. Result : found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them. Did a dism..../restorehealth. Result : Restore operation successful. Did a sfc /scannow right after dism. Result : found corrupted files but unable to...