Windows 10: Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Discus and support Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Colinblast, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Filezilla security issue

#1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28

I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great.

Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files.

I have been getting the attached security message over the last week, and Windows Defender Antivirus twice flagged files right after I tried to download files from Filezilla. The computer in question is a Windows 10 Pro computer. I am not getting any such error message when downloading the same files on two other Windows servers that are using other Windows OS's.

I have checked, and I have the latest update of Filezilla.

What should I do? Is there a fix for this?
    ATTACHMENTS
    Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla file.png
    Filezilla security issue October 2018.png (126.11 KiB) Viewed 10 times

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla file.php?avatar=2.gif
    botg

Site Admin
    First name: Tim
    Last name: Kosse
    Contact botg
    Re: Filezilla security issue

#2 Post by botg » 2018-10-11 18:12

Windows Defender flagging it is a false-positive, contact Microsoft to have this fixed.

:)

Colinblast, Oct 11, 2018

2. Filezilla download problem

Hey everyone,
    I've been trying to download a large file(about 6gb) with filezilla through my ftp server(running filezilla) at home while I'm at college. Unfortunately, it always seems to give me this message while I'm around 30% done saying that the file exists. I've tried the skip, overwrite, and resume options, but it always resets. How do I get around this problem? Can I just not download a file that big?

thanks in advance

frankie827, Oct 11, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Filezilla download problem

I don't know, I use pretty much the same setup, Filezilla Server and FileZilla client, and have download 10GB+ files with it. There might be a setting somewhere in the server that is preventing the file from resuming, or maybe even something in the client.

newtekie1, Oct 11, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

95Viper, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

1. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla - Similar Threads - Filezilla downloads flagged

2. False positive in Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False positive in Defender?: Defender has just identified an alleged Script/Wacatc.B1Ml trojan in a zip file that has been on my system for many years. It didn't object to the unzipped version, a vbs file. I don't know where the zip file has been put, to send a sample and I can't remember how to send...
  3. How to make FileZilla as default app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make FileZilla as default app?: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. I have FileZilla and Cyberduck installed in my Win 10 laptop. When I go to settings - default apps - choose default apps by protocolagainst URL: sftp protocol I see Cyberduck listed, on clicking it shows choose an app with options Cyberduck and...
  4. Windows Defender False-Positives loop

Windows Defender False-Positives loop: After spending all day on this literally my patience has worn out. I have been using Windows Defender for many years on many different computers, they've done their job and never given me grief-until now. I've been able to download several tools/programs without issue and...
  5. Remote file edit in Filezilla

Remote file edit in Filezilla: Hi there Just a hint for people using filezilla -- easy way to edit remote files when remote system only has console type text editors (vi/vim etc) If you have a remote server with non GUI - you can still edit files on it via filezilla say from a laptop using a full screen...
  6. For Fast File XFER - Filezilla

For Fast File XFER - Filezilla: Hi there I can't recommend this FREE program highly enough - a winner in every way including sftp encrypted secure file transfers Works really fast, much more reliable than Windows explorer and can re-try, decent logs etc etc. Fast XFER, Windows to / from Windows, Windows...
  7. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads: Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2 We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is going to cause an issue. This is a new issue for us as Defender has always allowed Filezilla to be downloaded and installed...
  8. Windows Defender False Positives

Windows Defender False Positives: I received an alarming message from WD which says all antivirus providers are disabled, which I think was a false positives. So I went on a check. And the result: [ATTACH] Protection is on, license is active and my firewall is on too. Can you tell why that message is...
  9. Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server: Hi, I am running Wnidows 10 with a FileZilla Server. I cannot connect to the server when inbound rules are set to default (no rule, no access). If I set inbound rules to "allow", i can connect to the FileZilla Server. Inbound rules Name Profile Enabled Action Override...
  10. FileZilla Frustration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FileZilla Frustration: I am in the last grit of setting up FileZilla, I am using all the defaults and going through the wizards to set the account details. Problem. Error Failed to create listen socket on port 0, This seems to root in Window 10 Defender. I have found how to open the port...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. filezilla false positive

2. filezilla windows defender

3. filezilla virus falsse

4. filezilla client flagged as virus,
  5. windows defender false positives,
  6. macafee flagged filezilla,
  7. filezilla virus wondows defender