Windows 10: Fill-in Word Documents

Discus and support Fill-in Word Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a teacher trying to use fill-in worksheets for distance learning. I want to email these docs to parents. I have created a document and saved it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Helen SMS, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Helen SMS Win User

Fill-in Word Documents

I am a teacher trying to use fill-in worksheets for distance learning. I want to email these docs to parents. I have created a document and saved it so that they are allowed to fill in the appropriate boxes. I have tried to fill in a document on a laptop and everything is good. I emailed the document to my Android phone. I have Word app installed on it and it opens in in print layout but it says it in read only and I cannot fill in the blanks. Is there something I can do on the developer's end to remedy this or what can I tell parents/students to do to enable the filling in of the blanks?

:)

Helen SMS, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 24, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 24, 2020
  4. marinro Win User

Fill-in Word Documents

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Fill-in Word Documents

1. Fill-in Word Documents - Similar Threads - Fill Word Documents

2. Word Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Document: After updating Windy10, I can not access my old Word or Excel Documents. Any help would be appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/e96ad2ae-58f8-4915-821c-5a461c75acf6
  3. word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  4. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  5. word document

6. Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  7. Word Documents

Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  8. Word Document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Document: Hi, I'm looking for help re the default settings of a Word document - please forgive what I'm sure will be incorrect terminology! As I'm working in a Word document, the default position of the displayed text is at the bottom of my computer screen, even as I move onto a...
  9. Word document

in Windows 10 Support
    Word document: I typed a letter using Word. When I went to documents to open this letter to print Microsoft word kept opening a window telling me to sign into my micrisoft acct and either use for free for a month or pay. Why can't I access any documents, is there a way around this, it never...
  10. Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word documents: I've lost ALL my word files. Have no idea what I did but it's 4 years of word files. I think it's something simple because that's all that's gone on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-documents/f12daac6-1e0e-4b35-82f2-a9c46d35e7cf