Windows 10: Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features

Discus and support Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; According to online instructions I've read, Windows 10 has a move option in Apps & Features to move apps from the C drive to another drive, but all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2 Lancet, Jun 27, 2020.

1. 2 Lancet Win User

Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features

According to online instructions I've read, Windows 10 has a move option in Apps & Features to move apps from the C drive to another drive, but all I find is an uninstall button, no move button. My C drive is almost full, and I need more space.

:)

2 Lancet, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. RickFran84, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

C drive full, how to move some to D drive

Hi Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your computer is running out of space and you would like to move the data from C drive to D Drive.

• When you say “How can I move some GB's from C to external D drive?“ do you want to free space on the c drive or do you want to extent the C partition?

If you want to free up space on C drive, I suggest to follow the below given suggestions.

Personal files such as videos, music, photos, and documents can take up a lot of space on your device. To see which files are using the most space:

1. Select File Explorer from the taskbar and find the files you want to move.
    2. Under This PC in the menu on the left, select a folder to see what files are saved in it. The
      Videos, Music, Pictures, and
      Downloads
      folders usually contain the largest files that you’ve saved to your device.
    3. To see the size of the files in a folder, select
      View
      > Details. Right-click in the open space and then select
      Sort by > Size to show the largest files at the top of the list.
    4. If there are files you no longer need on your device, you can either delete them or move them to an external storage device like a USB drive or an SD card.

Note: If you delete any files, remember to empty the Recycle Bin to completely remove them from your device and free up space.

To move photos, music, videos, or other files that you want to keep but don't use very often, consider saving them to an external storage device like a USB drive or an SD card. You'll still be able to use them when the drive is connected, but they won't take
    up space on your PC.

1. Connect an external storage device like a USB drive or SD card to your PC.
    2. Select File Explorer from the taskbar and go to the folder that contains the files you want to move.
    3. Select the files, select the Home tab, and then select
      Move to > Choose location.
    4. Select the external storage device you connected in the location list, and then select
      Move.

In Windows 10 you can also move the installed Windows Store apps to any other drive in order to free up space. You can also change the path of the default installation directory, for new apps.

If you would like to move the installed apps to another drive, try the below given suggestions.

Press Windows key + I to bring up the Settings menu and click Apps. You should be on the
    Apps & features page of the left-hand navigation.

Click on the app entry that you would like to move to a different drive to see
    Move and Uninstall
    options. Click Move button and then select a drive of your choice to move the app.

Note: When you click on a traditional desktop program or an app that came preinstalled with Windows 10, Windows 10 offers only Uninstall option and you can’t move desktop applications
    using this method.

For more information on how to free up space on your computer I suggest you refer to the suggestion from the given article

Free up drive space in Windows 10 - Windows Help

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features - Similar Threads - Filled Drive Move

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  4. C: Drive Filling Up Fast!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive Filling Up Fast!: Hi!My laptop's Win 10 OS C: drive fills up very fast. I've tried almost everything like:1 Using cleaning software2 Deleting temp, prefetch and cache files3 Disabling Windows updates4 Allocating more space to C:5 Deleting softwareBut still within a month, or two C: fills up. I...
  5. C: Drive Filling Up Fast!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: Drive Filling Up Fast!: Hi!My laptop's Win 10 OS C: drive fills up very fast. I've tried almost everything like:1 Using cleaning software2 Deleting temp, prefetch and cache files3 Disabling Windows updates4 Allocating more space to C:5 Deleting softwareBut still within a month, or two C: fills up. I...
  6. C drive fills up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive fills up randomly: so basically, my c drive keeps filling up randomly. it's slow but its obviously gonna eat up all my storage after a few days and idk what to do because it's in small increments so i cant view where it's coming from as it'll only show the biggest folders first :v how can i fix...
  7. C Drive fills up automatically

C Drive fills up automatically: HiEveryday 300-400 mb get filled automatically in C Drive and I don't know where the free space is getting filled I tried all your methods available on Microsoft Community by not a single thing worked for me and when i select all file of C drive I calculated that 84 GB should...
  8. C:// Drive Filling Up..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:// Drive Filling Up..: I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it??? submitted by /u/ThatPlex [link] [comments]...
  9. c drive filled up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive filled up.: Mistery. I have done everthing suggested but it still fills up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-filled-up/44551698-0f97-4f57-be70-eb26615cf199
  10. c drive automatically filling up

c drive automatically filling up: my c drive automatically filling up after opening pc. even without internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-automatically-filling-up/bfa9c6a1-31f7-42fc-928b-bdf8d87ccb26"