Windows 10: filling in forms, search boxes etc.

Discus and support filling in forms, search boxes etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does any box I need to enter info into, fill up with dashes like this -------- until it fills the box?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by franccaggiano, Feb 20, 2021.

1. filling in forms, search boxes etc.

Why does any box I need to enter info into, fill up with dashes like this -------- until it fills the box?

:)

franccaggiano, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Filling forms using Explorer 11`

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the website address of the form you are trying to fill?

• Is the issue only confined with a particular website?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Click on Start and then type inetcpl.cpl in the startup search box and press enter.
    • Click on Content tab.
    • Now go to Auto Complete section.
    • Now click on Settings.
    • Under user Auto complete for
    • Check the box for Address bar, browsing history, favorites, feeds, Use Windows search for better result.
    • Click on Ok and Apply.
    • Restart the Internet Explorer and it should work.
    For Additional information refer below link:

Fill in website forms and passwords automatically

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fill-in-website-forms-and-passwords-automatically

If the issue persists, then I would recommend you to optimize Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Is Internet Explorer slow? 5 things to try

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information is helpful.

Arul_D, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Form filling

I clicked on edit and reply. I then highlighted the box I wanted to fill in,. Then I started to fill in the boxes with type and nothing would appear. maybe the form was Excel 2003 and therefore out of date.

JohnPettTR, Feb 20, 2021
  4. filling in forms, search boxes etc.

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

filling in forms, search boxes etc.

1. filling in forms, search boxes etc. - Similar Threads - filling forms search

2. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  3. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  4. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Form filling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Form filling: Hi, I have a web site I access on my laptop and recently, when I enter numbers in a form which normally moves on to the next box it is now jumping 2 boxes. so when I put a 4 for example in the 1st box, the cursor moves to the 2nd box and I enter a 4 on there, it moves to the...
  6. Form filling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Form filling: Hi, I have a web site I access on my laptop and recently, when I enter numbers in a form which normally moves on to the next box it is now jumping 2 boxes. so when I put a 4 for example in the 1st box, the cursor moves to the 2nd box and I enter a 4 on there, it moves to the...
  7. Form filling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Filling forms on URL

Filling forms on URL: Recently I have been unable to fill forms as requested on URL. I start but after a word or two, I am cast out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-forms-on-url/b874b1bb-3c59-441d-adc0-7dc0e952cc38
  9. auto form fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto form fill: I bought refurbished Dell 5050 and noticed a difference from old Dell - both used Windows 10 Pro. When I use the run command, it does not put in the last used command automatically. My old Dell 7010 running Windows 10 Pro would display last used command but now each time I...
  10. filling out a downloaded form

filling out a downloaded form: CanI type info onto a blank downloaded form for sending & if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-out-a-downloaded-form/d0be6a1d-9111-4115-a4e0-0c73fc977bac"