Windows 10: Filling large size external monitor screen

Discus and support Filling large size external monitor screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows 10. Now the screen of my external monitor does not fill completely. I tried changing the resolution through settings, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AChenier, Oct 19, 2018.

1. AChenier Win User

Filling large size external monitor screen

I just reinstalled Windows 10. Now the screen of my external monitor does not fill completely.

I tried changing the resolution through settings, but the options I am given do not include a high enough resolution (1920 for a 24 inch screen I think).

How do I add this option ?

:)

AChenier, Oct 19, 2018
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Sdusa Win User
    Display on External Monitor is too large after upgrading to Windows 10

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I have a Dell laptop connected to an external monitor. It's always connected to this monitor and the laptop is always closed so that I can just use the monitor. I have the screen on duplicate my current laptop
    screen.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 the laptop screen display looks normal but the external monitor is too large and I have tried every advanced display setting to correct the problem even going down to 800x600 and to the highest one.

Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you,

Shauna

Sdusa, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Filling large size external monitor screen - Similar Threads - Filling large size

2. 1920x1080 looks to large on external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1920x1080 looks to large on external monitor.: Hello!I am having some really weird issues with my monitor. For some reason, 1920x1080 looks and feels too large, it looks more like 720pI don't know why this is happening, tried reinstalling drivers, and everything. But it feels like nothing ever changed.I've been using...
  3. 1920x1080 looks to large on external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1920x1080 looks to large on external monitor.: Hello!I am having some really weird issues with my monitor. For some reason, 1920x1080 looks and feels too large, it looks more like 720pI don't know why this is happening, tried reinstalling drivers, and everything. But it feels like nothing ever changed.I've been using...
  4. Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens: I have a 3440x1440 and 1920x1080 dual monitor setup and as shown in the picture have a big size difference of what's displayed on the screens, I have tried changing the magnification but it didn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated :...
  5. Monitor Screen Size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Screen Size: Windows 10 downloaded automatically 2 days ago and now the screen size on my monitor has changed. I have a Samsung S24B300EL monitor that worked perfectly until the download. Now the screen when it fills the monitor is too large and some of the sidebars are missing. The...
  6. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  7. Time font is too large on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Time font is too large on external monitor: I have external monitor and the time font gets too large there. The taskbar alert icons are not scaling correctly either. I consider the problem appeared when I dock my laptop. Just restarting helps....
  8. Make screen fill wide monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...
  9. Large Size External HDD repeatedly reconnects by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large Size External HDD repeatedly reconnects by itself: Hi all. I have been using external HDDs with computers for many years. I have 500GB, 1TB and 2TB ones (WD, Seagate, Samsung, Transcend etc) and all work perfectly. Recently, I purchased a 4TB drive (Transcend). This one has a strange problem. It worked fine for a couple of...
  10. Large Size External HDD repeatedly ejects and connects by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Large Size External HDD repeatedly ejects and connects by itself: Hi all. I have been using external HDDs with computers for many years. I have 500GB, 1TB and 2TB ones (WD, Seagate, Samsung, Transcend etc) and all work perfectly. Recently, I purchased a 4TB drive (Transcend). This one has a strange problem. It worked fine for a couple of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor screen size