Windows 10: Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Discus and support Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. Over time, games begin to stutter. ISLC utility helps. Judging by the comments in internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bell-Effective, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Over time, games begin to stutter. ISLC utility helps.

Judging by the comments in internet, Intel systems and AMD systems are also subject to this problem.

This problem has been dragging on for several years. Does caching in RAM work more slowly than from disk? How to disable it?

Really for so many years it was impossible to teach the system to prevent overflow memory standby list and clean it yourself, in advance? Microsoft?

Games: CS:GO, Dota2, AC: Odyssey, Detroit, The Surge 2, PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Battlefield 1, GTAV, etc.

My system: ryzen 2600x (stock), 8x2 ddr4 3333mhz(xmp), MSI b450m bazooka v2, AMD Radeon RX5700(sapphire). Windows 10 1903-2004 (Fresh install).

submitted by /u/Bell-Effective
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bell-Effective, Jul 2, 2020
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Brent27 Win User
    Are the developers aware of the standby memory issue causing stutter in games on creators update and fall creators update?

I have tested this thoroughly and it is 100% the cause of my stutters on the creators updates. Stuttering does not happen on build 1607 at all. I don't know what the developers changed to cause memory caching to not work correctly. The only way I could
    fix previously was restarting the computer (thus clearing the memory), which explains why it was only happening after a while and not on a fresh boot. I had to download an executable file someone had made especially for emptying standby memory and used it
    to create a task to empty the standby memory. It's a temporary fix for now. I would like to know if this issue is already known by the developers or not and if the issue will be fixed in future builds or updates.

Brent27, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Wagnard Win User

SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?

Yeah, with 1809 it is better, but in my case, I still have issues playing Battlefield 1 & 4 when the standby list is full.
    That is why I made this little app.
    I'm open to feedback and suggestions if you or anyone try it.*Wink

Wagnard, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. - Similar Threads - Filling Memory Standby

2. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  3. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  4. Standby Memory filling up quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby Memory filling up quickly: I understand that this seemed to be a Windows 10 problem, and any solutions I find online don't seem to help. My standby memory fills up my free space on my laptop so quickly, and I don't know what could be causing it. It's hindering my game performance causing minor glitches...
  5. Standby Memory filling up quickly

Standby Memory filling up quickly: I understand that this seemed to be a Windows 10 problem, and any solutions I find online don't seem to help. My standby memory fills up my free space on my laptop so quickly, and I don't know what could be causing it. It's hindering my game performance causing minor glitches...
  6. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...
  7. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...
  8. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  9. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  10. Standby memory and gaming dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby memory and gaming dilemma: After experiencing frequent crashing with The Sims 2, I applied the standby memory fix, setting the Task Scheduler to clear standby memory every 5 minutes. It solved my crashing, but it seems to come with the price of making the general Windows system hang and lag constantly...