Windows 10: Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Discus and support Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. Over time, games begin to stutter. ISLC utility helps. Judging by the comments in internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bell-Effective, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

Over time, games begin to stutter. ISLC utility helps.

Judging by the comments in internet, Intel systems and AMD systems are also subject to this problem.

This problem has been dragging on for several years. Does caching in RAM work more slowly than from disk? How to disable it?

Really for so many years it was impossible to teach the system to prevent overflow memory standby list and clean it yourself, in advance? Microsoft?

Games: CS:GO, Dota2, AC: Odyssey, Detroit, The Surge 2, PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Battlefield 1, GTAV, etc.

My system: ryzen 2600x (stock), 8x2 ddr4 3333mhz(xmp), MSI b450m bazooka v2, AMD Radeon RX5700(sapphire). Windows 10 1903-2004 (Fresh install).

submitted by /u/Bell-Effective
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bell-Effective, Jul 2, 2020
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Brent27 Win User
    Are the developers aware of the standby memory issue causing stutter in games on creators update and fall creators update?

I have tested this thoroughly and it is 100% the cause of my stutters on the creators updates. Stuttering does not happen on build 1607 at all. I don't know what the developers changed to cause memory caching to not work correctly. The only way I could
    fix previously was restarting the computer (thus clearing the memory), which explains why it was only happening after a while and not on a fresh boot. I had to download an executable file someone had made especially for emptying standby memory and used it
    to create a task to empty the standby memory. It's a temporary fix for now. I would like to know if this issue is already known by the developers or not and if the issue will be fixed in future builds or updates.

Brent27, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Wagnard Win User

SuperFetch & Standby Memory Not Working Properly?

Yeah, with 1809 it is better, but in my case, I still have issues playing Battlefield 1 & 4 when the standby list is full.
    That is why I made this little app.
    I'm open to feedback and suggestions if you or anyone try it.*Wink

Wagnard, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. - Similar Threads - Filling Memory Standby

2. Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games: Posted this in several forums but seems that nobody else is having this issue. My last hope. *Smile I would be grateful if somebody else can confirm the same behaviour in regards to how Steam games access the microphone on Windows 10. The following is how Steam works for...
  3. Explorer.exe causing stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe causing stutters: Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet or watching videos my PC will freeze for around 2 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I pinpointed the culprit to be explorer.exe,...
  4. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering: Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag. Anyone who can help? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvlddmkmsys-causes-stuttering/6ba3a009-bad8-4d44-b70a-88654df9daf6
  5. windows 10 standby list large memory usage

windows 10 standby list large memory usage: The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes It has 8GB of RAM, the pagefile has minimum size of 4Gb, max 12Gb. The problem has existed for aout 5 weeks WIndows 10 Pro 1909 is installed,...
  6. Releasing Standby memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Releasing Standby memory: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB memory, 970 GTX GPU. Ordinary boring, but previously very capable desktop. I'm running a couple Adobe tools. Needless to say, they are total pigs. And it appears they've gotten WORSE in the current version. When the Adobe products are up and running,...
  7. Memory Standby High

Memory Standby High: For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-standby-high/3a6a7a74-f99f-435d-a9da-59d139caf7ff
  8. standby memory not releasing

standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54
  9. Standby memory and gaming dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby memory and gaming dilemma: After experiencing frequent crashing with The Sims 2, I applied the standby memory fix, setting the Task Scheduler to clear standby memory every 5 minutes. It solved my crashing, but it seems to come with the price of making the general Windows system hang and lag constantly...
  10. Stuttering in games caused by svchost process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering in games caused by svchost process: Ok so in some of my games, when I am playing I get random stutters, the cause of which I have finally narrowed down to svchost being the culprit. Before I go any further my PC specs are: Core i7 6700 GTX 1070 16 GB 2133 Mhz RAM 250 GB SSD 1 TB HDD I have Windows...