Windows 10: Film and Tv app missing

Discus and support Film and Tv app missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows film and tv app is missing from a new install of windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adam4337, Feb 27, 2020.

1. adam4337 Win User

Film and Tv app missing

Windows film and tv app is missing from a new install of windows 10.

:)

adam4337, Feb 27, 2020
  2. xIainx Win User

Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Films & Tv App

Hi Guys

In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name.

Info - My movies are all stored on an external Hdd in a few different folders not in the default Videos folder

Cheers Danny

xxxdannyxxx, Feb 27, 2020
  4. xIainx Win User

Film and Tv app missing

Films & TV App

How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can
    then select Remove this device. Problem is I cannot logon to that device. Any ideas? Thanks

xIainx, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Film and Tv app missing

1. Film and Tv app missing - Similar Threads - Film app missing

2. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  3. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  4. TV & Film app missing codec 0X887a0004 error

TV & Film app missing codec 0X887a0004 error: Hi there I am getting a "missing codec 0X887a0004" code when I am trying to watch a video in the TV and Film app. If I open with Windows media player it works. Your assistence will be appreciated....
  5. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  6. Films and TV app stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Films and TV app stutters: When viewing mp4 clips from shadowplay (1080p 60fps 50k bitrate) the Films and TV app stutters for me, but when i view them in an editing software like Vegas 17 pro, the file will play flawlessly while editing in max quality. Taking that i know its probably not a hardware...
  7. Films & TV app location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Films & TV app location: On a downloaded app for in home streaming I can set a default media player. But the default setting is iTunes.exe. Where is the location for the Films & TV app, so I can set this app as my default?...
  8. Colours Missing on Win10 Films & TV app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colours Missing on Win10 Films & TV app.: All of my videos playback in monchrome using the Win10 Films & TV app, but if one looks closely, there may be the slightest hint of color to a discerning eye. No other app has a problem with colour. VLC works fine. Windows classic media player works fine. Desktop colours...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...