Windows 10: Film and TV crashing?

Discus and support Film and TV crashing? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I have a question regarding the Films and TV application. I record videos and upload to my YouTube channel using Bandicam. as soon as I go to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Cooper Ouellette, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Film and TV crashing?

Hello I have a question regarding the Films and TV application.

I record videos and upload to my YouTube channel using Bandicam. as soon as I go to open the file to view it, the movies and TV app opens up then immediately crashes. I have tried removing it and then installing it again terminating the progress. But still it cashes. Could you email me a solution?

Sincerely, Cooper

:)

Cooper Ouellette, Mar 4, 2021
  2. xIainx Win User

Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Mar 4, 2021
  3. LochlannA Win User
    Films and TV App Crashes on Launch

So I have my Video playing app preference set to use the Films and TV app. When clicking a file, the window opens momentarily before the screen goes dark and the entire computer crashes and reboots.

I have the most up to date software for the app and my computer, I have cleared caches and tried quite a few recommendations suggested on forums to no avail.

LochlannA, Mar 4, 2021
  4. xIainx Win User

Film and TV crashing?

Films & TV App

How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can
    then select Remove this device. Problem is I cannot logon to that device. Any ideas? Thanks

xIainx, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Film and TV crashing?

1. Film and TV crashing? - Similar Threads - Film crashing

2. Editing option removed from Films&TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing option removed from Films&TV: I used to be able to trim videos in the Films&TV app as shown in the image below:But then now suddenly the pencil icon is completely removed, and I'm no longer able to edit it anywhere:I've tried:Uninstalling and reinstalling the appRepairing it in settingsI'm running Windows...
  3. Editing option removed from Films&TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing option removed from Films&TV: I used to be able to trim videos in the Films&TV app as shown in the image below:But then now suddenly the pencil icon is completely removed, and I'm no longer able to edit it anywhere:I've tried:Uninstalling and reinstalling the appRepairing it in settingsI'm running Windows...
  4. When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...: I used to take screenshots on the old photos app, managing to go frame by frame on videos to take screenshots of, but the new app doesn't allow me to go frame by frame, so I am assuming the legacy app is the old one which allows me to do that, so when I try to open a video in...
  5. When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...

When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...: I used to take screenshots on the old photos app, managing to go frame by frame on videos to take screenshots of, but the new app doesn't allow me to go frame by frame, so I am assuming the legacy app is the old one which allows me to do that, so when I try to open a video in...
  6. What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...: The arrows to go from the previous video to the next on the films and TV app are no longer visible in windows 10 I noticed this after a "security" update from today. Has anyone else experienced this recently and can it be resolved?...
  7. What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...

What happened to the arrow in Films&TV that would allow transition between videos in...: The arrows to go from the previous video to the next on the films and TV app are no longer visible in windows 10 I noticed this after a "security" update from today. Has anyone else experienced this recently and can it be resolved?...
  8. Film and TV app, play other formats right after the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and TV app, play other formats right after the other: When in the app, you can go play next or previous video. But if I play my last video in Webm format I can't play other next video that is in Mp4.It only works when selecting all videos, right click and open. Than I can go from Webm to Mp4 without needing to manually scroll...
  9. Film and TV app, play other formats right after the other

Film and TV app, play other formats right after the other: When in the app, you can go play next or previous video. But if I play my last video in Webm format I can't play other next video that is in Mp4.It only works when selecting all videos, right click and open. Than I can go from Webm to Mp4 without needing to manually scroll...
  10. Solved: Images display like negative film

Solved: Images display like negative film: Relevant to at least all Windows 10 and 11, and likely 8.The User might also typically find a number of objects like the Edge icon and the Desktop background has an orange tinge.Previous thread which is locked Display appears like negative film. - Microsoft CommunityThe...