Windows 10: Films & TV App with Closed Captions

Discus and support Films & TV App with Closed Captions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How Do I Enable CC Closed Captions by Default in Films & TV App? Currently, Each time have to select the CC Language manually from Subtitle Menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PiyushParmar, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Films & TV App with Closed Captions

How Do I Enable CC Closed Captions by Default in Films & TV App?

Currently, Each time have to select the CC Language manually from Subtitle Menu.

There's anyway a Default Selected Language e.g. English can be Set as Default and Auto Enabled for All.

:)

PiyushParmar, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

i cannot turn off close captions

Hi Harriette, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you're using the built-in Films & TV app for Windows 10, you can modify the closed captions settings or disable them by following the steps in this Microsoft Support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/307810...

If you're using a different app to display your video content, please let me know which app you're using and I'll provide further steps to follow! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Nov 16, 2020
  3. xIainx Win User
    Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Nov 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Films & TV App with Closed Captions

closed caption

Hi janmuccio

Please explain this in more detail . . .

Are you trying to play a video file, which has closed captions either in that file or in a separate file?

If so, open the Films and TV App, open that video, then at the bottom left is an icon that looks like a square speech bubble from there you can choose the subtitle stream or file

Or do you want to add closed captions to a video you are creating?

Films & TV App with Closed Captions bc19b1c8-6ccf-401a-8b3d-6796b3d4bb33?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Films & TV App with Closed Captions

1. Films & TV App with Closed Captions - Similar Threads - Films App Closed

2. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  3. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  4. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  5. Films and TV app stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Films and TV app stutters: When viewing mp4 clips from shadowplay (1080p 60fps 50k bitrate) the Films and TV app stutters for me, but when i view them in an editing software like Vegas 17 pro, the file will play flawlessly while editing in max quality. Taking that i know its probably not a hardware...
  6. Film and Tv app missing

Film and Tv app missing: Windows film and tv app is missing from a new install of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv-app-missing/de25fcd2-d412-4b3f-9cb4-cc29835fd07d
  7. Films & TV app location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Films & TV app location: On a downloaded app for in home streaming I can set a default media player. But the default setting is iTunes.exe. Where is the location for the Films & TV app, so I can set this app as my default?...
  8. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  9. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...
  10. Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Groove Music and Film&TV apps open and then close immediately.: Spent the best part of a day fixing my PC after a W10 upgrade this morning. All seems to be working well now except that I have an issue with a couple of Metro apps - those named in the title. What happens is that the apps open and then automatically close themselves after...