Windows 10: Filter in the event viewer.

Discus and support Filter in the event viewer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, is it possible to create a filter by manually editing the XML query in the event viewer and have the entered query remain stored in the log even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alpha45, Dec 11, 2020.

1. alpha45 Win User

Filter in the event viewer.

Hi,
    is it possible to create a filter by manually editing the XML query in the event viewer and have the entered query remain stored in the log even if I close the event viewer?
    Thanks

:)

alpha45, Dec 11, 2020

2. Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

I found a bug trying to view the Event Log on both my v 1803 PCs for the Option Filter Current Log by Event Source.

Nothing appears in the drop down list unless the screen scaling is set to 100%. This strange behaviour is experienced by many users based on a Google search. It seems Microsoft's infamous software QA strikes again. I guess we will have to wait for a fix.

Is there a better free Event Viewer to use than that provided in Windows?

See the error below - nothing appears in the drop down box unless you use 100% scaling:

Filter in the event viewer. [​IMG]

Steve C, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Filter in the event viewer. - Similar Threads - Filter event viewer

2. Event Viewer - Filter by Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer - Filter by Drive: Hi everyone, I would like to see what automated stuff happens on my PC's secondary SATA HDD. More specifically, I would like to see which Scheduled Tasks involve the secondary drive. I know it's possible to log events in Event Viewer under "Application and services...
  3. Event Viewer - Filter by Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer - Filter by Drive: Hi everyone, I would like to see what automated stuff happens on my PC's secondary SATA HDD. More specifically, I would like to see which Scheduled Tasks involve the secondary drive. I know it's possible to log events in Event Viewer under "Application and services...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Event ID 10016 How can I filter these messages out of event viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016 How can I filter these messages out of event viewer?: Ok I have added nearly every damn account on the system to the perappruntimebroker but this dcom is ****ing broken it still reports the same damn error. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with...
  6. Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: Filter Administrative Events?: The Administrative Events window quickly fills up with DistributedCOM warnings and errors. I tried to fix this, but in the end, couldn't get past the final step: Fixing DistributedCOM error 10016 Failing that (any other ideas folks on how to fix rather than hide the...
  7. Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug in Event Viewer - Filter Current Log by Event Source: I found a bug trying to view the Event Log on both my v 1803 PCs for the Option Filter Current Log by Event Source. Nothing appears in the drop down list unless the screen scaling is set to 100%. This strange behaviour is supported by many users based on a Google search. It...
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Event Viewer

Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. Event Viewer TDI filter warning

Event Viewer TDI filter warning: Hello, I am receiving this error in Event Viewer: A TDI filter (\Driver\adgnetworktdidrv) was detected. This filter has not been certified by Microsoft and may cause system instability. I'm not sure what this means. Is it something that can be ignored or is it important?...