Windows 10: filter key

Discus and support filter key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I turn off filter keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/filter-key/4b82c632-80a2-4d72-bd2a-a252f61c6d11 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VernSchwartz, Sep 11, 2018.

1. filter key

how do I turn off filter keys?

:)

VernSchwartz, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

filter key [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 11, 2018
  4. filter key

Ease of access - Filter keys

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

When you turn ON the Filter Keys on your computer, the keyboard will work, but there would be a delay for the computer in accepting the keystrokes, which you make on the computer. So, you need to hold the keys for some time
    and only then you would be able to see the effect on the screen. You may check this by opening a notepad and hold on the letter key “A” for a few seconds. If the “Filter Key” is enabled, the letter
    “A” will be displayed on the notepad only after a few seconds. To reduce this delay, you need to change the delay time from the “Repeat Keys and Slow Keys” settings. Please follow these steps, mentioned below and check,
    if it works:

a) Type Ease of Access Center on the Search bar to open the “Ease of Access Center”.

b) Now, click on the link “Make the keyboard easier to use

c) Under the section “Turn on Filter Keys”, click on the link “Set up Filter Keys”.

d) In the “Set up Filter Keys” screen, under the section “Filter Options”, select the option “Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys”.

e) Then click on the link “Set up Repeat Keys and Slow Keys”.

f) In the “Set up Repeat Keys and Slow Keys” screen, under the section “Avoid accidental keystrokes” set the value for “How long do you want to hold down a key before your accepts
    the keystroke?
    ” to “0.0 seconds”.

g) Click on “Apply” and then “OK” three times.

Now, check if you are able to use the keyboard properly even when you have the “Filter Keys” enabled.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

filter key

1. filter key - Similar Threads - filter key

2. Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...: I already Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift a few times in game.I already restarted my PC since the Changes in Settings, none of this fixes the Beep issues.I am using a laptop, and am on win 10.The Random beeping...
  3. Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift...: I already Turned off Filter Keys, and Sticky Keys in Settings, but it keeps beeping when I hit shift a few times in game.I already restarted my PC since the Changes in Settings, none of this fixes the Beep issues.I am using a laptop, and am on win 10.The Random beeping...
  4. I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY +...

I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY +...: I WANT TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY + H, HENCE VOICE TYPING. I am an adult. I don't need my text filtered in any way. Further, if you use the edge browser, it does not filter any profane words. AGAIN, IF I USE MICROSOFT EDGE...
  5. I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY +...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY +...: I WANT TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS USING DICTATION VIA WINDOWS KEY + H, HENCE VOICE TYPING. I am an adult. I don't need my text filtered in any way. Further, if you use the edge browser, it does not filter any profane words. AGAIN, IF I USE MICROSOFT EDGE...
  6. Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?

Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?: Hello,Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?I don't want to use a third-party app... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-the-sound-of-filter-keys/a90e9d88-4ab0-4e2f-b81c-4d7d29583b69
  7. Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?: Hello,Is there a way to change the sound of filter keys?I don't want to use a third-party app... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-the-sound-of-filter-keys/a90e9d88-4ab0-4e2f-b81c-4d7d29583b69
  8. Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.: I accidentally pressed the shift key for more than 8 seconds. After I did this, my keyboard would not repeat when I press and hold down a key.Changing the repeat delay or the repeat rate does not fix this. Rebooting doesn't wprk. I found that Jim Boston's solution in the...
  9. Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.

Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.: I accidentally pressed the shift key for more than 8 seconds. After I did this, my keyboard would not repeat when I press and hold down a key.Changing the repeat delay or the repeat rate does not fix this. Rebooting doesn't wprk. I found that Jim Boston's solution in the...
  10. I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS. WINDOWS KEY + H

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS. WINDOWS KEY + H: I WOULD LIKE TO TURN OFF THE PROFANITY FILTER IN WINDOWS. WINDOWS KEY + H https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-turn-off-the-profanity-filter-in/2a4b6572-fa05-4908-97a9-708f13cd5058