Windows 10: Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

Discus and support Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have burned a video onto a DVD-R disk, but i am unable to finalize it to play it back on my DVD player. I have googled how to do it and I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnPritchard3, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

I have burned a video onto a DVD-R disk, but i am unable to finalize it to play it back on my DVD player.

I have googled how to do it and I have read that Windows automatically closes the session when you eject the disk, but it didn't and my DVD player would not play the disk.

So then I read that to open file explorer (which I done) click on DVD drive (which I done) and simply click on close session on the toolbar (which is not there!) Can anybody help me and explain what I am doing wrong, if anything?

I really need help as this is getting very frustrating.

Thanks

:)

JohnPritchard3, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Finalizing DVD +R in Windows 10

My PC was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I cannot finalize my DVD +R discs. I am burning recordings on to these discs and they need to be secure. Without the finalize step, the recordings can be deleted from the disc. Am I now forced to purchase
    software to take care of this requirement?

Victoria K_17, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

1. Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Finalizing DVD

2. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  3. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  4. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to finalize a dvd-R on Windows 10 so it'll play on a standard DVD player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to finalize a dvd-R on Windows 10 so it'll play on a standard DVD player: So I've been burning some MP4 files that I converted from another format for some classes I'm wanting to be able to watch on my non-smart TV. With Windows 7 that was easy, you'd finish, hit finalize and all was well. On Windows 10 there is no finalize option at all and my...
  6. How to Finalize a CD/DVD session Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Finalize a CD/DVD session Windows 10: As easy as this may sound you would think a quick search online would list-out a quick and easy "How To" process. I've yet to find it. There's also the misconception or incorrect correlation of two different and distinct processes of "closing" and "finalizing" a Burn...
  7. DVD recording wont finalize

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD recording wont finalize: Hi all Advice please. I am trying to burn a DVD+R RW Philips DVD with some pic's for a friend. I've done this loads of times before, albeit in the past, and never had a problem. I am choosing CD/DVD in burn option not USB. I've tried different software and produced both...
  8. Close / Finalize DVD Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Close / Finalize DVD Disc: HI all Have recorded onto DVD-r disc but cannot find any means of closing / finalizing the disc which means we cannot play the disc on our DVD player. We have just installed the windows 10 update but cant find how to do it. Cheers 22195
  9. Windows 10 Will Kill The Installation DVD, Finally

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Will Kill The Installation DVD, Finally: [img] If you’re one of those quaint people who still uses ‘physical media’ to install new versions of operating systems, Windows 10 could have a big shock in store for you: USB drives replacing the clunky old reinstallation DVDs of yore. Source 8395
  10. Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers

in Windows 10 Support
    Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers: There must be a way to finalise a Video DVD burn in windows 10 but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated thanks 74259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 finalize dvd burn

2. finalizing dvd disc

3. finalized dvd-r windows explorer in windows 10

4. finalize windows 10 dvd,
  5. should i finalize dvd windows 10,
  6. how to finalize a dvd for dvd player,
  7. finalizing disc windows 10,
  8. close/Finalize a burnt CD dvd in windows 10,
  9. finalizing dvd r to run on dvd player,
  10. finalizing a dvd disc windows 10,
  11. how do i finalise a dvd in windows 10,