Windows 10: Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers

Discus and support Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As I said earlier, Microsoft removed all Media Centre features from Windows 10, including Media Player's ability to play DVDs. You need a 3rd-party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peterpotus, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers

Yep, I believe VLC Media Player is the way to go. It recognises all formats of DVD,s.

Glad to hear it's working on your DVD player Peter, nice work *Wink

ellellell1, Jan 10, 2017

2. You were right.

I just did not realise that none of the video playing programs I had installed would open a DVD.

VLC Media Player is now installed and opens my home made DVD as well as commercial ones perfectly, so far.

And, its free.

Thank you all
    *Biggrin

peterpotus, Jan 11, 2017
  3. You are very welcome *Smile.

I would say VLC is definitely an essential program for every computer, especially those running W10 as the whole aspect of 'media creation & playback' have become quite limited.

ellellell1, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers

Few did, but it was in the small print for 'feature deprecation' from the day 'Get Windows 10' first appeared on our eligible systems *Sad
    Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements

5. Ms Soft's logic of including a DVD burner but not a player is eluding me. *Huh

peterpotus, Jan 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    MONEY!

Microsoft defends Windows 8 DVD drop: We did it for you! - SlashGear

7. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers

1. Finalizing a Video DVD so it can be played on other computers - Similar Threads - Finalizing Video DVD

2. How to fix it So i can play with others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix it So i can play with others: How pls tell me how to fix it so i can play with others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-so-i-can-play-with-others/825f1831-3693-4f2f-b442-9c16758fa053
  3. How to fix it So i can play with others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix it So i can play with others: How pls tell me how to fix it so i can play with others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-so-i-can-play-with-others/825f1831-3693-4f2f-b442-9c16758fa053
  4. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  5. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  6. How to finalize a dvd-R on Windows 10 so it'll play on a standard DVD player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to finalize a dvd-R on Windows 10 so it'll play on a standard DVD player: So I've been burning some MP4 files that I converted from another format for some classes I'm wanting to be able to watch on my non-smart TV. With Windows 7 that was easy, you'd finish, hit finalize and all was well. On Windows 10 there is no finalize option at all and my...
  7. can not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not play dvd: what do i need to try update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-play-dvd/14da4a8c-3be5-4f23-81d7-6c241d433486
  8. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  9. DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-cds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  10. audio but no video when playing dvd

audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....